Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

AMANA SxS FRST24FA

AMANA/DAEWOO? Icemaker

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 strumpfman

strumpfman

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:espresso

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:03 PM

Got a call from a client about a problem with icemaker on AMANA SxS fridge. I think this is a fridge made by DAEWOO. Client lives quite far away and I want to go there well prepaired. Complaint is that when he forces a harvest the tray turnes 180 degrees put does not release the ice cubes.I am familiar with regalur AMANA ice makers' regular or modular type but know very little about flextray machines.
My logic however says that when it turns the tray 180 degrees some pin on the mold must hit the body while the motor is still turning or the mold must hit a stopper on the body and cause the flexing of the tray to release the cubes. Are there any repair procedures for these machine or is it better to replace the whole unit. Any help appreciated.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 18 October 2014 - 10:13 PM.
removed unnecessary spaces in model number

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Maytag1

Maytag1

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Lite & Landshark

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:25 PM

How old is this? It's not an old Admiral is it? If so, the flex tray will get mineral deposits in them, which makes the cubes stick to the tray and the fix is to replace the tray

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,858 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:12 PM

Not finding much info on this model

btw please do not add spaces in your model number. Not only will this thread not show up when others search the site for info on this model, but it is also a pita when trying to find info to help you as it makes copying and pasting the info into search engines unnecessarily difficult. Thanks

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 strumpfman

strumpfman

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:espresso

Posted Today, 04:17 PM

Attached File  Mobogenie_20141017_185019.jpg   94KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Mobogenie_20141017_185019.jpg   94KB   0 downloadsHi guys Thanks for yr remarks. I think this fridge is pretty new up to 6 years old. Can someone please

answer my simple question, what causes the tray to flex and release the ice. Is it a stopper-pin on the tray or body of the icemaker or some microswitch. Will try to add some pictures my customer sent me(not very good quality) Thanks MichaelAttached File  Mobogenie_20141017_184958.jpg   97.79KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Mobogenie_20141017_185033.jpg   96.21KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Mobogenie_20141017_185048.jpg   89.71KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics