Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Lg washer wm2455hw

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:33 AM

washer overfilling and causing door to open and flood house. I checked for holes in the pressure tube and I had that pressure switch on me but it yielded the same results. I did not have a tech sheet when I was out there but It looks like I need a new pcb board that the switch just signals the board and the board does the switching. Or am I missing something.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:35 AM

I I also noticed that when you turned the unit off and back on the door would unlock regardless weather the tub is full or not. I thought this was because the pcb thinks the tub is empty.

#3 B4UTRUST

B4UTRUST

Yamabushi

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

Have you checked the cold water valve set to make sure it isn't filling with water while the unit is not operating? They've been known at times to stick open and continue to fill with water at times. 

Owner/Operator Flagship Appliance Repair

#4 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:25 PM

check air dome for debris, i had one a few weeks ago that a piece of a plastic wrapper was in the white tube, you could blow thru the hose not problem but when the unit filled with water the plastic floated up and blocked the hose.

#5 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:45 PM

Thanks I'll check for plastic trash that makes since. It seemed to work on drain and spin as far as filling goes it just did not stop draining.

#6 B4UTRUST

B4UTRUST

Yamabushi

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

Ah okay I misunderstood the symptom then, my apologies. Yeah check for a clogged pressure hose. Could be soap buildup in hose as another possibility

Owner/Operator Flagship Appliance Repair

#7 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:23 PM

<<<washer overfilling and causing door to open and flood house.>>>

Does the overfilling occur when the washer is NOT being used?

<<< I also noticed that when you turned the unit off and back on the door would unlock regardless weather the tub is full or not.>>>

This is normal. The water level never reaches the door opening (except during the Tub Clean Cycle---door remains locked)

However---the door WILL remain locked in instances of *overfilling*.

The door will also remain *locked*---if the tub is still turning/rotating (Hall Effect Sensor monitors this)

<<<as far as filling goes it just did not stop draining.>>>

You'll need to explain that one better for me

What's the Serial Number?

Edited by john63, 19 October 2014 - 06:36 PM.

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#8 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:20 AM

No it is not over filling unless you start a load the valve is shutting off properly. You can press cancel or power to stop the filling when it starts to over fill. The door lock works but fails when the tub is about 80 - 90% full of water. It just can't hold the weight.

#9 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:33 AM

I press normal wash with a load of towels inside the tub and it begins filling. The tub will fill until it has completely filled every bit of air space in the tub if you hold the door or the door will then pop open and flood the house but the lock is working up untill the water is 3/4 the way up the door. I can press pause or power to stop the fill then I change the selection to spin and drain because I can't find a cancel button it will eventually start to drain but it never stopped. the tub never goes into spin. It just keeps draining. No holes or blockage in pressure tube or the air dome. Switch is switching contacts with pressure changes.

Sn/ 7kwjv02700

#10 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:47 PM

<<<No it is not over filling unless you start a load the valve is shutting off properly.>>>

<<<The tub will fill until it has completely filled every bit of air space in the tub if you hold the door or the door will then pop open and flood the house>>>

<<<You can press cancel or power to stop the filling when it starts to over fill. >>>

<<< I can't find a cancel button >>>

A thousand apologies---but that did not help much

<<<Sn/ 7kwjv02700 >>>

Incomplete Serial Number

<<< it will eventually start to drain but it never stopped. the tub never goes into spin. It just keeps draining.>>>

From this statement---it can be assumed that the washer does the following...

1) Overfills with water

2) Washer sometimes fails to enter EMERGENCY DRAIN MODE---door pops open and floods laundry room

3) Other times---the washer DOES enter EMERGENCY DRAIN MODE---and drains continuously

NOTE:

The Serial Number helps identify the unique software features of this model washer

Edited by john63, 20 October 2014 - 10:06 PM.

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#11 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted Today, 05:56 AM

It does not have cancel but it does have pause and power they both will stop the filling. I will have to recheck the serial number when I'm out there next.
It never enters emergency drain mode it only drains when I select drain and spin. And wait till the timer gets to about 9 minutes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics