Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchen aid range, ykerc507ht2, erratic heating, hot light on.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 brookeinvan

brookeinvan

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:heif

Posted Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Hi, the cooktop hot light is staying on for the left front, dual control ceran top. The element is erratically heating, ie it goes full blast for 2 sec then turns off, no small element control. I try the infinite heat switch and the knob is 'soft' and not clicking between off and lrg and small elements like it should. So I think switch. Order part and I get a whirlpool inf switch part #8203538. A universal switch it seems. Package comes with a 'jumper cable' with two female prongs on one end and two male point prongs on the other end ( not a traditional jumper that fits a normal terminal on both ends) although instructions state to put the jumper from the neutral terminal p1 ( double) to the s1 terminal. So basically the jumper they give doesn't fit anything on the switch. I install the switch anyway. Yey, it works. Element now has full control. Problem is the led to indicate the burner is on ( beside the knob) doesn't light up. So I test the light by doing the old switcheroo with the smaller element LED and turns out it's not the led. Test voltage with switch turned on from the led terminal to ground-nada. ( LED was terminal 5, then moved to s2 on new switch)
So bad switch? Need jumper? I tried to rig my own jumper from p1 to s1 but was lacking a proper connector, did just touch wire, and nothing, no arc, no LED. Any info for me fellas? I am thinking the terminal s2 may be the wrong one, but was not about to go popping the LED on any old switch.
Thanks in advance

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics