Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch Dischwasher SHU9915UC/11 Runs Continuously

Bosch

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 atlld

atlld

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweetwater

Posted Today, 11:07 AM

I have a Bosch Dishwasher SHU9915UC/11 which has worked flawlessly for about 11 years.

After a long period of cleaning perfection, I recently noticed that I will occassionally get an imperfectly clean load of dishes. I am not sure if this is relevant to the problem I am not having but I mention it just in case.

The "problem" started last week when we ran the DW as usual and went about our business. About 4 hours later we noticed that the DW was still running. No unusual sounds or anything... just the usual washing sounds. Water was in the machine, spraying the dishes.

I am an ME and I did a bit of online research, disassembly and debugging and here is what I have found.

The usual dishwasher cycles will not work properly: they never terminate. As far as I can tell, the DW will run forever if I don't open the door.

I removed the control board and looked for any evidence of the common "relay overheating problem." No evidence of this at all. All I achieved here was break a snap tab on the control module which was so brittle that it broke when I looked at it.

I checked the current in the red heater wire with a current clamp and it reads 10A during the initial water heating cycle, which seems correct.

I tried running the diagnostic described on this website. I got up to the power scrub plus and wash lights flashing. but it wasn't clear what to do next. (Keep in mind I can not see the indicator lights if the DW is closed; my DW has controls on top edge only). So as far as this diagnostic goes, I did not learn anything new.

My DW has no display on it. That is, it is not able to display any error codes other than through the LED indicator lights.

I ran a rinse-hold cycle. I am familiar with this cycle so I know how it should sound. When it drains at the end, the drain pump keeps running and running even though the water has clearly drained. To me, this says float switch. But I don't see how this would cause it to run infinitely (with water actively spraying on dishes) during regular cycles.

Any advice? My next step would be to pull the DW out and take a look at the float switch area.

Thank you.

LD

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 atlld

atlld

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Today, 05:36 PM

This is an update...

I puleed out the DW and connected it so I could run it. I was now able to see the buttons on the DW since it is no longer under the counter.

I ran the test program. The DW fills and runs fine and starts circulating. Also, I double checked that current (9.7A) is flowing through the red heater wire. After the machine ran a while, I opened the door and measured the water temp with a Weber digital grill thermomenter, and it was 123F. I closed the door again and waited 10 minutes, then measured the water temp again and it was 135F, so that was good news. The water was actually heating.

I closed the door again and the circulation continued, although this time with a strage rhythm to it. I could view at the float valve area the water level going up and down significantly (maybe 5/8 inch of level change). I was not sure if this is normal or not.

Eventaually the water must have reached 150F since it drained. At this points, the LED indicators for Power Scrub Plus and Delicate/Econo remained flashing. No LEDs were steady. I assumed that when complete all LEDs would turn off, but perhaps flashing LEDs indicate the test passed (?).

My next step will be to investgate any clogged tubes.

#3 atlld

atlld

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Today, 10:49 PM

Another update:

The long run time remains a mystery. I detailed the entire DW interior and reinstalled the DW. I will just see how it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics