Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire dryer eating clothes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gabe

gabe

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:57 AM

I am having problems with my dryer. It is a frigidaire dryer model fde336res2. I noticed that the clothes are getting pinched in between the seal. There is a big gap by the front of the drum, and I can move the drum so that gap closes (where the clothes get caught.) Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:50 AM

http://www.partselect.com/Schematics/Frigidaire/WYLJQ12R.gif

Not an unusual occurence. Take a look at item 20 above - it's a felt pad with three nylon "glides", and these have worn down, allowing the drum to sit lower than normal (the gap's at 4o'clock, right?).

Replace this part (I think its been redesigned), you may also want to replace the lower seal (21) at the same time.

Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,708 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:02 AM

This page demonstrates my proprietary, patent-pending replacement technique. 

#4 gabe

gabe

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:09 AM

Thank you very much for your reply. I found it to be VERY helpful. I will go ahead and order that part. Thanks!!!!

Gabe

#5 gabe

gabe

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:24 AM

Can I buy this felt stuff and high temp adhesive at like a Lowes store or something? Seems very expensive for what it is.

Attached Files

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,708 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:28 AM

No, you have to buy it here or else your dryer will explode and create a rip in the fabric of the time-space continuum, sucking this entire universe into the alternate, parallel reality. 

Please, save humanity and buy the correct part.

#7 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:39 AM

[user=586]gabe[/user] wrote:

Can I buy this felt stuff and high temp adhesive at like a Lowes store or something? Seems very expensive for what it is.

Ah, my dear friend, welcome to the wonderful world of what Wile. E. Coyote would call "Aftermarketpartius Screwoverum", an ancient art of which GE are the undisputed masters. You got off a little more lightly with your Friggin' Friggidaire.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics