Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Refrigerator model # FGHB2844LF4

Ice maker

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nutterman

Nutterman

Ikkō-ikki

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:New Castle

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:58 PM

I've got a Frigidaire Refrigerator FGHB2844LF4 that will not produce ice, i have checked all 3 micro switches on the ice maker, i have tested the mold heater, and the valve. the original call was for the ice maker was leaking into the ice bin. i replaced the water inlet valve then the customer called back saying it had only made 1 batch of ice and nothing after. on the return trip i found that the ice mold had ice cubes in it and they just hadn't been cycled. this has the ice maker in the fresh food section. temps are ok. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:40 PM

I would never have messed with this icemaker. You are going to need to run the diagnostic and see if it operates correctly. They had one repair kit after another on these things. It was like an icemaker board change as well as a bunch of crap on the icemaker. It's been years since I touched one. I would look for a manual for a model close to this and find the diagnostics.

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:53 PM

Depending on the serial number, you'll be needing one of the upgrade kits or just the icemaker control board.  Kit 5303918495 can be used if there's been no upgrade, and has all of the parts needed (and some not needed).  Your series may only require the board.

#4 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Folgers

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:02 PM

Check out these links to other topics about this icemaker:

http://appliantology...r/?hl=nightmare

http://appliantology...are#entry264847

I found these by searching "nightmare".

Durham put together a survival kit for Electrosux fridges:

http://appliantology...r-survival-kit/

It might help too.

#5 clman

clman

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Abita Amber

Posted Today, 01:02 PM

Good luck on this one. This IM is a pain in the.....

25 Years in the biz. 9 years LG authorized.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics