Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag mde3000ayw no heat so no beer for me

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 xtv

xtv

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:ARMANIAN STOUT

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

Dryer quit drying. I think I've tested everything buy the motor. I jumpered all thermostates and switches that I can find. With power to the machine I've got 120vac at the heat element. Does that mean anything? Thanks Mike

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:50 PM

You should have 220vac to the element. Your missing a leg to find out which one you need to disconnect the wire that runs from the usually red wire motor to the element and check voltage that wire with the machine running. If you dont get 120v then the switch inside the motor has failed and you need a new motor.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,452 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:52 PM

Half-split the circuit at the heating element to determine which line you're missing.  

#4 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:54 PM

First thing I would check is the incoming voltage at the terminals on the back of the machine red and black. If you don't have 220v with your meter on red and black then turn the breaker off and back on.

#5 xtv

xtv

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:11 PM

I'm pretty sure the switch in the motor isn't working. Has anyone been able to repair just the switch? I've fixed alot of switches, solenoids and what have you that were considered not servicable. So just wondering if it's doable. Thanks Mike

#6 xtv

xtv

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Today, 01:39 PM

I was wrong. Did the split test last night and got 120vac on the motor side and like 75 vac on the other . I must be doing something wrong.  Mike

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,452 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted Today, 02:59 PM

74 vac is junk voltage and characteristic of a bad switch, boogared up contacts, whatever.  

Which side gave you the 75 vac-- L1 or L2?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics