Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

rigidaire FFUS2613LS0 Refrigerator - Everything running with continuity, still not cooling

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IllinoisSubdeacon

IllinoisSubdeacon

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What?

Posted Today, 10:30 PM

My wife was cleaning our Frigidaire side-by-side last week and left the doors open long enough for the warning beeps to begin. After she closed the doors, however, the beeping continued. I unplugged the unit for about 10 minutes and then plugged it back in. The beeping had stopped. Unfortunately, so had the cooling.

We noticed that items in the freezer were getting mushy and things in the refrigerator were just not cold enough. So we took everything out, put it in coolers, and I began troubleshooting.

First - I pulled out the refrigerator and took off the back panel. I vacuumed and cleaned underneath and inside around the compressor and coils. It wasn't too dirty, but I figured it was worth a try.

Second - I checked the compressor fan...it was running.

Third - I checked the compressor...it was running.

Fourth - I checked the coils...they were warm.

Fifth - I checked the vents at the top of the refrigerator compartment and the bottom of the freezer compartment...there was sufficient airflow.

Sixth - I took the panels from the back of the freezer compartment and checked the recirculating fan...it was running.

Seventh - I checked the defrost heater...it had continuity.

Eighth - I checked the thermostat...it had continuity.

Ninth - I looked at the condenser coils and here is the issue! The top quarter of them is frosted over, but the bottom three-quarters is not. There is not an even amount of frosting on the coils.

But now I'm at the end of my abilities. I don't know what to do next. I simply replaced the panels in the freezer and left it plugged in and running. The freezer is set at 0 but running at 55. The refrigerator is set at 35 but running at 56.

This unit was purchased in January 2011, and the sticker says, "Manufactured: 11-10" (I think that is November 2010). Today is October 31, 2014. It is LESS than four years old.

Now what?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 dpstites

dpstites

Unsui

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted Today, 10:48 PM

When you pulled the freezer evaporator fan cover off did you see if you have frost on the coils? If you did how much frost did you see and where did it stop? There has been a lot of problems with refrigerator sealed systems. Is the compressor running all the time or is off and on? If the compressor is running, condenser fan, evap fan then then check the frost level on the coils. 

10 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics