Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

New Appliance Service Manual added: Maytag and Whirlpool Electric Freestanding Ranges with Induction Cooktops - Cooktop May Not Operate When Using...

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Team Samurai

File Name: Maytag and Whirlpool Electric Freestanding Ranges with Induction Cooktops - Cooktop May Not Operate When Using the Oven

File Submitter: Samurai Appliance Repair Man

File Submitted: 15 Nov 2014

File Category: Appliance Repair Manual Pot Luck Supper

Models:

MIR8890AS0, YMIR8890AS0, WFI910H0AS0 & YWFI910H0AS0

Evernote enex ZIP

Click here to download this file

• Team Samurai

Windows does recognize the ZIP extension so that should work. Can you post a screen shot of the error you're seeing? That would help me troubleshoot this problem for you.

I did everything you said to do. I downloaded the file to my desktop. Opened the zip file and extracted the file to the desktop. When I go to open the file adobe reader will not open the file. It says Adobe reader could not open file when using enex because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged.  I hope that helps.

It's a bummer these can't be downloaded to my phone. My win zip app won't unzip it. I guess I'll be doing a little research for a different app.

Edited by BryanS

Same problem here.

No problem unzipping/extracting the file but Windows XP can't open a ".enex" file.

My thought was you have to download and install Evernote to read these files, I searched support help at Evernote to see if I could find something to install to be able to open .enex files without Evernote but  didn't come up with anything.  Support came up with tons of stuff but nothing to do with what I was searching for. NOT IMPRESSED!

I don't understand why you would force someone to download Evernote to read help files - why can't they just be uploaded here as a standard .PDF file that virtually every computer can read and open?

When you unzip the zipped file it creates a new folder with the same name as the zip file without the .zip extension, (the folder has .enex at the end which doesn't do anything as you can name a folder anything you want).   The file insided the folder then has no extension at all - most likely because the name is too long and it cuts it off because a filename can only be 87 characters in Windows XP, (don't know if this is completely correct but this is the filename that is left inside the folder - "Maytag and Whirlpool Electric Freestanding Ranges with Induction Cooktops - Cooktop May", 87 characters long without an extension).

I removed some more of the long name and added the .enex extension and Windows still doesn't know how to open it.

I did read in the Evernote help/support that you can export your Evernotes as an .enex or .html - when exported as an .html it creates a webpage with all the elements of your notes in it which then the file would most likely contain the extracted .PDF file that you're trying to share with us.

Here's the Evernote help support that mentions exporting as a .html file and explains the contents of a .enex file:

http://blog.evernote.com/tech/2013/08/08/evernote-export-format-enex/

And how to get images or files out of Evernotes to use in other applications:

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23194116

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair

Come on Brother Lifierro... from the blog : "Using these special files is easy: just download them like you would any other file from the Downloads section and unzip them. Then open the evernote app on your pooter and select File > Import Notes... from the top menu."

Durham, if you don't have or want the Evernote app then that won't work.

The userfriendly way for the Samurai to share what he has in Evernotes in a way that everyone can see it.

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23194116

How can I get images or files out of Evernote for use in other applications?

If a note contains a file (like a PDF, image or other file) and you'd like to save a copy of this file to your computer for use in other applications, simple right-click the file and choose "Save As..." and choose the location where you'd like to save the file. You may also want to change the filename since, depending upon how the file was added, the filename may be a series of letters and numbers generated by the Evernote application when the file was added.

• Team Samurai

Some of these bulletins are multi-page and then put together and sequenced properly into a single Evernote. So for one of these Evernote bulletins that contains 5 scanned PDFs, I'd have to do 5 "save-as" operations and then round up those PDFs out of the sea of other PDFs on my computer, zip, and upload.

Exporting them as enex files exports all the scanned PDFs in that note and preserves sequence and annotation, all in a single click. Then I need only compress a single file and upload.

Which would you do?

If you don't want Evernote, even the free version, fine-- stay in the 20th Century and don't get it. 

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Bro Budget, I wasn't commenting on the pros and cons of the enex file only that the instructions were clear what needed to be done to retrieve the files.

I personally like and use Evernote daily, as well as all of my techs.  There's a lot more you can do with a PDF now besides just read it.  Using Evernote with PDF's is a great tool.  That piece of paper, PDF, is now searchable in a second, you can hand write on it which is searchable, and many other benefits.

I agree with the Samurai, he's not forcing you to do anything, just opening up new doors for you.

I've been doing this for a long time and I remember not getting service pointers and things until a year after they were released, if I ever got them.   Whether or not we were manufacture authorized.  Now you can get them at the click of the mouse or by simply typing in a model number and all of the notes you've taken populate. You can also do so much more with the PDF besides just reading it like a piece of paper.

Just a few of my thoughts...

• Like 1

I also forgot to mention, you can install the free version of Evernote, and if you prefer, right click on the note and convert the note not a PDF for you viewing pleasure.