Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Electrically Troubleshoot an Analog Pressure Switch from a WFW9500TW01

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bwze

bwze

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:38 AM

Does anyone know of a way to electrically troubleshoot this analog pressure switch from a WFW9500TW01?

Part number: AP5264563 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:38 PM

I think you are supposed to measure frequency, but I don't know what it's supposed to read at.

Edited by BryanS, 25 November 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#3 AARDL

AARDL

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:PEPSI NEXT

Posted Yesterday, 09:01 AM

What wrong with machine?

#4 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted Yesterday, 10:52 AM

Whirlpool does not give us techs that information. Who needs that right? Whirlpool is genius... NOT!

What symptoms are you having?

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#5 bwze

bwze

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:16 AM

Well, I've summed up everything I've done up to this point over in this thread, but for the sake of simplicity I started this new one specifically about this analog pressure switch

Washer is a Whirlpool WFW9500TW01...

Basically, something other than the CCU (I've changed it three times now) is causing an F 20 error in the Clean Washer cycle only....every other cycle works perfectly (I know, I know, why worry about this cycle if the others work.....simple answer, my wife).

Additionally, I can not advance past the C:02 step in diagnostic mode without receiving the same error. 

When I select the Clean Washer cycle, the machine goes through its normal door lock, door unlock, door lock sequence, then the drain pump starts......and runs for around 10 or 15 minutes until it throws the F 20 error.

At no time is voltage delivered to either of the water inlet valves. I say this because I've had people tell me that it's the flow valve, but I don't see how it can be the flow valve if the flow valve never sees water (maybe I'm wrong though).  

I've exhausted every bit of troubleshooting I can think of with regards to this problem and it seems that it may be related to the analog pressure switch somehow since the drain pump never seems to get a signal that the tub is empty and to stop in the Clean Washer cycle (again, only this one dang it).

I hate to drop another $100 an a new pressure switch for this piece of crap washer though without having someway to troubleshoot this switch. I've found this thread which dives in a bit deeper to what makes this part work, but I'm still a bit confused about what the expected output is for the various water level states.

It makes no sense to me though how the pressure switch can work exactly as it should in all other cycles but just not in the Clean Washer cycle (oh and the Diagnostic Mode too). 

So I'm still scratching my head and trying to get my wife to leave me alone......

#6 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted Yesterday, 02:42 PM

I had this exact same issue with the same model. I never got it fixed. I think whirlpools CCU is programmed incorrectly for this model. 

I found this on a duet sport so I wouldnt be surprised. 

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#7 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted Yesterday, 05:40 PM

Whirlpool does not give us techs that information. Who needs that right? Whirlpool is genius... NOT!

What symptoms are you having?

Haha. You got that right. I get so ticked off over have to call the techline just to get a thermistor value. Yea the tech sheet does show the value for 3 diff temps but sometimes those sheets are wrong. I told my boss how pointless I find Whirlpools website because it never has what I need except a tech sheet once in awhile. Where is all the info on how this crap works and readings for certain parts. You know they have it because magically their techline knows the answers when you call them.

Edited by BryanS, Yesterday, 05:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics