Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

>>>KENMORE DISHWASHER NO POWER<<< mod: 665.13742k60

kenmore dishwasher no power main control board touchpad and control panel

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 santacruzappliance

santacruzappliance

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sculpin IPA

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:08 AM

I've got a Kenmore d/w mod: 665.665.13742k603 that will not power on.  I have already checked and confirmed:

1)120VAC at outlet and to terminal block under d/w

2) voltage to the main control board

3) both door switchs

5) Door latch functions normal

4) thermal fuse has continuity

This leaves either the touchpad/control panel (p/n: 1551936) at $133.50, or the main control board (p/n: 1874821) at $195.65 as the cause of failure.

My question is: how can I determine which one it is without purchasing both expensive electronic components and simply part swapping? 

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:18 AM

Remove power

Disconnect  touch-pad ribbon from control

Shut door

Re-apply power

Does drain pump come on?

If so, board is probably good, replace touch-pad...

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#3 santacruzappliance

santacruzappliance

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:42 PM

Thanks Havoc!

I did disconnect power,

unplugged ribbon connector from touchpad,

and then plugged back in,

rebooted power and closed door.

No lights, but the drain pump did run for about 20-30 seconds then auto shut off.

Is your diagnostic procedure for this in the service manual or is it one of the tricks I just haven't learned yet?

I just dont see how any tech is supposed to know that unless its in the service manual or tech sheet...

I appreciate the help and knowledge! 

Cheers and beers!

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

If this feature is available it will usually be noted on the techsheet, but worth a try even if not.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#5 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:24 AM

IT has been on the tech sheets.  Usually can be found by taking the bottom  cover off and attached to the cover itself.  Common for these touch pads/user interfaces to go bad.  We have changed at least 10 of them in the last year.

#6 santacruzappliance

santacruzappliance

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for the replies.  I will let you guys know what it is after I go out there.

#7 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,098 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:49 PM

Thanks Havoc!

Is your diagnostic procedure for this in the service manual or is it one of the tricks I just haven't learned yet?

I just dont see how any tech is supposed to know that unless its in the service manual or tech sheet...

So then why on earth won't you, as a tech, search for or request the tech sheet/manual ??

Pre-diagnosising as mentioned in the video doesn't mean just to come on appliantology and ask how to do something. That's expected from a diyer but not from a professional tech, especially one that is inexperienced and wanting to learn.

We don't mind helping each other with questions but we expect each other to have at least put in some research. Then the discussions between us will be more detailed and fruitful as we will indeed be on the same page. Search the site for prior discussions as well.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 06 December 2014 - 07:02 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kenmore, dishwasher, no power, main control board, touchpad and control panel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics