Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
brianandaurora

Whirlpool Refridgerator - Water Dispenser is Leaking

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a Whirlpool Refridgerator Model # ED22TQXFW00

(Yes, I checked & 3X Checked the model # under bright lights.)

The Water dispenser is dripping at a fast enough rate that my husband has shut off the water to the refridgerator.  I have been able to find the parts and diagrams showing all the parts for the ice/water dispenser, however I have been unable to find anything that will guide me or my husband through making the repair.  Is this information available?  The last thing I want to do is attempt to remove the front of the Dispenser and break it in the process!

Thank You!

Aurora

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Also,  when I attempted to pry off the cover of the dispenser I noticed that it is being held in place by some type of adhesive.  Is this normal.  And what type of adhesive will I need to use to put it back?

Thank You!

Aurora

This diagram will help. Yes, adhesive is typical, just use a thin putty knife and take your time. Worst case, you'll break the plastic frame, no biggie.

Thank you, I will round up the putty knife!

Aurora

sounds like you have a bad water valve. located in back of refridge where water line connects to.

I agree, there isn't much inside the dispenser that would cause a drip. Either you have a bad inlet valve or your system needs purging ... ie run a few gallons through the dispenser to purge any air in the line. Odds are it is a bad water inlet valve. Access the valve and disconnect the larger water line coming out of the valve.

Place a large bowl under the valve (make sure the valve electrical connections will not fall inside and be immersed in water that enters the bowl) . Turn on the water spigot to the fridge. If water drips from the valve where you disconnected the line, replace the valve.

If you don't see a drip, press the water dispenser actuator for a few seconds and If water continues to drip from the valve after you stopped dispensing, then replace valve. You may want to empty the bowl and let the valve sit for a while before you notice any drips.

If no drips and the bowl is clear of water after at least an hour, then your problem may be due to a bad connector, cracked line etc. Normally under those circumstances you'd see a leak somewhere.

Water valve http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/4318046/3307?modelNumber=ED22TQXFW00

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Sounds like valve to me too!!!