Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchenaid Refrigerator Model #KSRF25FHSS02

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bogreen

bogreen

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:28 PM

Hi,

Yesterday, I went to a customer who complained of not cold in the F/F section.

There was no cold air coming through the diffuser. No ice buildup and no defrost problem.

I changed the diffuser and told the customer it would start adjusting after awhile.

She called me that night to tell me the F/F section still was not getting cold and now

the freezer was starting to lose coldness.

I went back today to find the evaporator fan not working. I checked the fan and it

worked fine with a jump from an outlet. There was no power coming to the fan motor.

There's no computer on this model as far as I could see, so that should make it a little

easier I hope.

The red/white and white wires to the motor go to a connector on the back wall and from there

I don't know.

There's no schematic to look at, so I could use some help with where the fan motor is

getting it's power from and is there anything I could have done installing the new diffuser that

would have caused this to go bad?? When I left yesterday, the fan was blowing.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,073 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:39 AM

Have you searched the downloads section for a manual/ tech sheet?

Also, from the model number you posted this machine does have electronic controls. Is this the correct model #?

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#3 bogreen

bogreen

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:42 AM

I only saw an interface small board in the control panel. Don't think that's relative.

I don't know how to access the manuals/spec sheets.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Bruce

#4 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,073 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:00 AM

Here's a link showing how to search the site.

http://appliantology...st/#entry283545

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,073 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:30 AM

Bro Bo, are you sure your model number isn't a KSRB instead of a KSRF?

If a Ksrb version then it has a mechanical timer....then the next question would be whether the compressor was running. If the compressor is running then I would check the door switch and check wiring diagram to see if defrost limit runs in series with the evap fan. I don't think that's the case but if it is in series, then check defrost limit.

If the compressor is not running, check the timer and cold controls and if the defrost limit is in series with evap fan and your evap is not cold enough to close the limit, check your start relay.

btw what's the part number of the air baffle assembly you replaced? That might help us with the model number mystery.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 13 December 2014 - 09:25 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#6 bogreen

bogreen

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:28 AM

I'm sorry, actually It looks like a KSRA model #.

The coils are nicely frosted, compressor running. I've never seen a fan motor in series with a defrost bimetal except old Amanas, but it wouldn't

apply anyway. The bimetal is nice and frosty.

I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere. This is one of the problems. If I had it I could trace back and see where the 110V is being stopped to

the fan motor.

Part # of the diffuser is 2216112

#7 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:54 PM

I'm sorry, actually It looks like a KSRA model #.

The coils are nicely frosted, compressor running. I've never seen a fan motor in series with a defrost bimetal except old Amanas, but it wouldn't
apply anyway. The bimetal is nice and frosty.

I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere. This is one of the problems. If I had it I could trace back and see where the 110V is being stopped to
the fan motor.

Part # of the diffuser is 2216112

Maybe then a KSRA25FKSS00?

With regards to the limit in series... there are other manufacturers who have done the same thing, including Frigidaire and GE, so as a tech and without a schematic, it is prudent to check out all possibilities. And when replying to someone who hasn't provided a proper model number, it is also prudent for one giving advice to include all reasonable possibilities.

Still unable to provide or check a diagram until an accurate model number is given

#8 bogreen

bogreen

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:44 PM

Thanks for all the help.

The real problem turns out to be Coast Appliance parts here in CA changed the original model # I gave them.

They said it didn't come up but with a couple of letter changes, it did and we went with that.

As a result, the diffuser they sent me, although it looked exact as the original, was the wrong one.

I finally went back to them and another person on the lookup and the original model # I gave them, suddenly

showed up as valid and the diffuser was different.

I received the new diffuser yesterday, installed it, and Voila, the fan came back on and the vents opened up and

the refrigerator is working as it should.

So, all this nightmare and unhappy customer caused by a bad lookup from the parts distributor.

Happening more and more these days. No wonder we outsource jobs to other countries.

Again, thanks

Bruce

#9 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,073 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:14 PM

So I take it you give the parts house the model number and rely on them to find the correct part number for you? Mah brother, mah brother. I'm surprised you haven't been burned by this before.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, Yesterday, 11:17 PM.

#10 bogreen

bogreen

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted Today, 01:30 AM

I've had this happen many times before, but when you're at the customer's house and wanting to get the part next day so you can

get the job done, you're at their mercy kinda.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics