Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Bravos Washer MVWB750WQ0 throws uL at 8 or 9 minutes

Maytag Maytag Bravos Maytag uL MVWB750WQ0

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vballman20

vballman20

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:53 PM

My Maytag Bravos HCT Upright washer MVWB750WQ0 has uL come up with 8 or 9 minutes left on any load, or even when there is nothing in the washer. It will even give this code just with a rinse and spin or drain and spin cycle. I have cleaned the washer thoroughly, and I have already tightened the hex bolt on the bottom of the washer. One thing that is interesting as well, is the wash basin tub is impossible to take out. It seems like it might be stuck inside the plastic holding tank and the bearings. I am not sure what else to try at this point.

The wash cycle is fine, it still drains fine, but the spin is what sets it off. I can't figure it out! I might need to get the basket out first, but I can't figure out why it is stuck either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,084 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted Yesterday, 01:05 PM

This machine has a floating basket. You should be able to grab the inside of the inner drum and lift up. The basket should lift up 2-4 inches (just an estimate) and then drop down freely. If the tub will not slide up and down as decrived above then the tub is stuck.

You will need to replace the shaft and bearing kit.

You can use jays cabrio tool to remove the inner basket.

If the basket can move freely, then replace strut kit.

Edited by Applianceman97, Yesterday, 01:06 PM.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#3 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted Yesterday, 01:53 PM

Also make sure the rotor bolt on bottom of machine is tight, How old is unit, any noise from berings, suspension rods could be bad

#4 vballman20

vballman20

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:53 PM

I have taken apart the unit and shaft and bearing kit showed some rust, but the groves and everything appear to funstion fine. Now when I run a diagnostic, it gives me error F44, which is says the heater will not turn on. However, there isn't a heater when I look at the machine with the back cover off.

As for the other things:

The basket lifts up a couple inches, but doesn't come out from what I can tell. It does go up and down, I just can't remove it from the machine.

Do you have a video for the strut kit? That could potentially be the problem.

Rotor bolt seems to be tight, it was a little loose when I started trying to figure things out, but that was one of the first things I tried.

Not really much noise, it seems to run fine until the spin speeds up, then it just stops and puts up the uL, but the machined is balanced.

#5 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted Yesterday, 04:49 PM

Did you put lock tight on the rotor bolt when you tightened it? If not it may have came loose again.

#6 Maytag1

Maytag1

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Lite & Landshark

Posted Yesterday, 06:28 PM

Change your suspension rods. If you forcefully push down on the tub, if it bounces much at all, your suspension rods are bad

#7 vballman20

vballman20

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:07 PM

Change your suspension rods. If you forcefully push down on the tub, if it bounces much at all, your suspension rods are bad

It defintely bounces when you push down on the tub. Thanks! I'll try that next.

Is there a video for how to do that properly?

Also, is there a link for the proper parts for this machine?

#8 Maytag1

Maytag1

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Lite & Landshark

Posted Today, 08:33 AM

Once you have the rods in your hands, it's rather self explanatory as to installation. I always change the rear ones first and front ones last.

#9 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,084 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted Today, 02:07 PM

Make sure to install all the parts that come in the box and don't grease the plastic cups.

Edited by Applianceman97, Today, 02:08 PM.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Maytag, Maytag Bravos, Maytag uL, MVWB750WQ0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics