Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Dishwasher Model: GU2300XTVQ0

control board kenmore parts are same parts substitution whirlpool control board

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 santacruzappliance

santacruzappliance

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sculpin IPA

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:03 PM

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher mod: 665.13742k603 which needs a new control board.  I have a control board for a Whirlpool dishwasher mod: GU2300XTVQ0 which appears to be nearly the same.

I looked up the parts on Sears Parts Direct to compare/get substitution parts to see if the control boards were substitutable.  According to Sears Parts the control boards are different part numbers ( W10130968 vs W10208674) but the substitution number is the same: W10285179.

I know that the control panels are totally different as they sport different wash options and manufacturer logos. But if the control board substitution numbers are the same does this mean that (although they are different model numbers and even control board numbers) the control board substitution is the same and therefore compatible?

I appreciate the help.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 LI-NY Tech

LI-NY Tech

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Virgil's Cream Soda

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:35 PM

If it's the same part number you're good to go.

- David
- RD Appliance Service, Corp.
http://www.rdapplianceservice.com

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:51 AM

If both units original part numbers both sub to the same new part number then most of the time you should be OK swapping the control boards.

Might be a few cases when they may not be backwards compatable but not very likely.

As far as having different touchpad/control panels - the keypad that you plug into the control tells the controller what the keypad matrix layout is by the keypad ID provided by the keypad having different diode positions open/closed that the control reads to determine the keypad that is plugged into it.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#4 santacruzappliance

santacruzappliance

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sculpin IPA

Posted Yesterday, 08:53 PM

So the Control board doesn't discriminate which keypad it is plugged into (could be numerous different ones...?).  The control board simply determines which keypad it is working with and sends commands accordingly?

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted Today, 07:55 AM

That is correct.

The keypad ID tells the control what keypad it is working with, (the keypad ID is a specific combination of diodes that are imbeded in the membrane keypad).

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: control board, kenmore, parts are same, parts substitution, whirlpool control board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics