Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

FGHB2844LE5 Frigidaire French Door Refrigerator

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:21 PM

This was a call I ran last Saturday and completed today. The customer had pulled his fridge out, unplugged it, and cleaned behind it on Friday. It wouldn't come back on, so I went out that Saturday to check it out. Display was reading 32 and 32. It had no interior lights or anything running at all. The customer did say the interior lights hadn't been working for awhile. I checked all connections and nothing. On Monday, I had a fellow technician call Frigidaire tech support, and they didn't know what the problem is and figured it may be a board issue. Well, I figured that much. Anyway, I went out today, replaced the main board, and it all fired right up. I just thought I'd share since I couldn't find this issue on any forums and even techline was stumped.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

"Hollywood"

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,384 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:12 AM

Thanks brother!!! Great info.
Just-in TIme Logo.jpg

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#3 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

No problem. Also have you guys heard of having to change the touchpad membrane with the display board? Techline said since the board comes seperate now the membrane needs to changed as well when you do a display board. I know I've changed just the display board without issue already before Frigidaire ever told me that. That membrane was about $100 more than the display, so I found it a bit ridiculous. Luckily, I didn't need it, but still the thought that a customer would need that expensive rubber membrane just because the board is changed seems kind of dumb.

Edited by BryanS, 10 January 2015 - 08:17 AM.

#4 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

"Hollywood"

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,384 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:15 AM

Yeah.

That is stupid! Don't you love frigidiare???
Just-in TIme Logo.jpg

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#5 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

Yep

#6 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

GE is getting dumber by the minute. I despise their top load Hydrawave washers, I hate their new line of dishwashers and their Café ranges suck. Oh yeah so do their refrigerators now.

Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics