Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

F & P GW701

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 redman

redman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:14 PM

Hi guys thanks for this forum, very handy

I have a problem with my f&p washing machine in that if I push the power button to start it every light

on the board comes on for a couple of seconds and then just the top row starts to disco up and back, no other buttons do anything.I tried turning  the power off and this fixed the problem for 1 wash then it does the same thing I replaced the display board a short time ago and the parts guy asked me if I had set the board to the right model I 've pulled it back out but cant see any switches or anything that looks adjustable

Any help would be appreciated

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,675 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 12 May 2005 - 03:25 AM

Call Fisher Paykel and verify the correct part number of the control board for your model.  I'm not aware of setting any jumpers based on model number; there, however, different control boards for different models.

#3 ktsenya2

ktsenya2

Samanera

• Master Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:30 PM

Its not the display board that needs to be set to the machine. It is the motor control module, which is behind the display board. Its a relatively simple procedure that takes only a few buttin inputs to match the controller to the size machine you have. Have you been able to put it into diagnostics to read out any error codes? These machines really are sublime, and fairly easy to maintain. I consider it a pleasure to service them.

Bob Sankie
Coastal Appliance, Heating & Air
Serving San Diego's North County
www.coastalappliances.com

#4 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:49 AM

Both boards for the series 2 smart drives are blue. To size set (in NZ, unsure if same there) press and hold start/pause down, while holding down, press power, and release both.  This will automatically size, then press power to store(will turn off).  This will eliminate size setting as the fault, it could be one of the other buttons is jammed on and forcing it into 'shop display" mode. Check the location of the board in the housing.  Or the display board could be faulty.  If it hasn't already been fixed, I hope this helps. 
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics