Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
davec

Kitchenaid built-in oven door adjustment

5 posts in this topic

I have Kitchenaid built in oven Model  KEBS107dSS10.  Someone(no names, please) let the the door drop and now the door is out of alignment.  Any suggestions on how to adjust it?

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

DOH!  I hate when that happens. 

Sounds like you bent one of the hinges.  You're better off just replacing both as a set.

00150362.jpg

It sounds as though the door hinges are now pranged (?) and most likely will need to be replaced if they cannot be straightened out. Either way, the door will have to come off in order to facilitate ant further diagnosis.

Bob Sankie

Coastal Appliance, Heating & Air

Serving San Diego’s North County

www.coastalappliances.com

Thanks, I will check the hinges.  There is also a pair of hinge receivers on the oven.  Is there any adjustment on the placement of these receivers?  It looks like one of them may have shifted slightly, but I don't want take it apart if there is no adjustment.

Hello, my unhinged friend.  The only adjustment for these hinges is for tension, not position; once they are bent, they are ruined and must be cast into the fire which is never quenched.  I am afraid that your only recourse at this point is to replace the hinges.