Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sub-Zero 700 TC refrigerator compartment too cold

Sub-Zero refrigerator too cold

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hrdlyhuman

hrdlyhuman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:21 PM

I have a strange issue where the refrigerator compartment in my Sub-Zero 700 TC is being chilled to less than 10F.  The control unit has it set at 38F.  There are no error codes, and the thermistor's are reading the correct temperatures in diagnostic mode.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 hrdlyhuman

hrdlyhuman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:44 PM

I should also add to this, I turned the unit off at the control panel when this happened, and the next morning everything was still frozen, which strangely makes me think the compressor is still running, even when off.  When I shutdown the fuse, everything eventually warmed up. 

All of this really makes it seem to me like it is a faulty control board, but, would it be normal for that to go bad without throwing any error codes?  It is also ONLY the refrigerator compartment that is having the issue.  The freezer temperature is normal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sub-Zero, refrigerator too cold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics