Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Amana dishwasher dead - #ADB1500AWW3

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 skintdigit

skintdigit

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted Today, 12:29 PM

Background information: owner tells me that a servicer came a week ago to solve a no-pumpout issue. She used the unit once after this, and described the sound it made as "like a toy with the batteries running out". I did not ask why she did not call the original servicer back...I would have.

No control panel lights, no response to keypad presses. I pulled the toe panel to verify power to the machine and see right off the bat that the hot and common wires are reversed in the junction box...so I already know something's fried. I know the keypad is FUBAR, no continuity between pins 6 and 10 (start function) during a key press. Both door switches and wiring show continuity through to the control board with the latch in the closed position. Beyond this point I don't know if it's worth continuing the diagnostics...no burns or other visual problems with the board, but am not sure how to test this without a working keypad. 

Can anyone tell me how to test the board without a good keypad? Or is it more likely that multiple components have been damaged due to the reversed supply wiring? 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted Today, 12:56 PM

I've seen these run for years with reversed polarity, and these are infamous for bad keypads. Who knows what the dead battery sound is without a SWAG. How much $ do you want to sink into this thing? You already know that you need a keypad console...

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics