Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Ge Dw not drying dishes 2012

GDF520PDG0WW

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 sls1955

sls1955

Ikkō-ikki

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coffee

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:36 AM

Customer has a ge dishwasher that has wet dishes at end of cycle.Checked heater and limit thermostat with reset button both are okay.Found Tech sheet on right side front support brace and noticed these were the only two things in the heater circuit so it must be the board or a sensor.Ran the test for heater using test cycle and heater was working.Has anyone else ran onto this problem?I ran out of time before I made a determination and customer will be out of town so I want to get parts to fix upon return. thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

"Hollywood"

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,912 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

What's the model number?
Just-in TIme Logo.jpg

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#3 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:20 PM

Haven't run into this problem yet, but there is a kit for this problem.

Part # is Part number: WD35X10395

Part number: WD35X10395

, which consists of a new user interface board and door vent outlets. You will have to remove the entire door assembly and separate the outer door panel from the door liner.

Scott Wolf

#4 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Mutsuhito

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 14 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

Here's a link to the service pointer that was mentioned for the kit that the Wolf mentioned above.  I didn't respond earlier because I didn't see a model number, and I don't look at the tags.

http://appliantology...sh-performance/

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 14 February 2015 - 06:27 PM.

"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
"Occam's Razor 'the simplest answer is most often correct'"

#5 olyteddy

olyteddy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Earl Grey

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:17 PM

The existing board can also be flashed if you know someone with a GE laptop. I've had at least a dozen done under warranty. 

EDIT: There's also a plastic thing that looks like an IUD available that forces more water into the soap dish. I've got the part and tech sheet at work. That solves another problem on that service bulletin posted by Spannerwrench.

Edited by olyteddy, 14 February 2015 - 06:21 PM.

#6 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:43 AM

Haven't run into this problem yet, but there is a kit for this problem.

Part # is Part number: WD35X10395

Part number: WD35X10395

, which consists of a new user interface board and door vent outlets. You will have to remove the entire door assembly and separate the outer door panel from the door liner.

Attached Files

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect nor represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#7 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

On no-dry complaints check the user before ordering parts. Customers who won't use jet-dry,customers who fill the unit with plastic, customers who open the unit 3 minutes after the pump has stopped... Gotta eliminate these before putting parts on.

What is the simplest, dumbest explanation? Because that's the most probable one. 

#8 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:28 PM

What's the model number?

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect nor represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#9 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Mutsuhito

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:37 PM

It's in a tag.

"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
"Occam's Razor 'the simplest answer is most often correct'"

#10 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

It's in a tag.

OK Now I see it... (GDF520PDG0WW)

Service Bulletin DD10-14

October 2014

2012 and Later Plastic Tub Dishwashers

Improving Dry Results
If concerns of poor dry results are experienced after the heater is found operational and heat options such as Sani or Boost are selected with Heated Dry, follow these instructions.

Models that may be affected: GDF510P_D_, GDF520P_D_, ADT521P_D_, GDT530P_D_, GDF540H_D_ and GDT550H_D_

Overall poor dry concerns
Dry results may be improved by installing a new “extended” heater, part WD05X21294 and a new insulation blanket, part WD01X20187.

Part number: WD05X21294

Part number: WD05X21294

Part number: WD01X20187

Part number: WD01X20187

Poor Silverware Dry Concerns
If poor silverware dry results are reported and baskets are mounted on the rack front or inner door, follow these instructions.
A new Service Rack Kit WD35X21154 is available. The kit includes an upper and lower rack with a silverware basket. The silverware basket is placed on the right side of the lower rack. This kit is a consumer friendly replacement, includes full step-by-step instructions, and may be mailed to the consumer.

Edited by Chat_in_FL, 15 February 2015 - 01:07 PM.

Mother Teresa

Big Brother

#11 olyteddy

olyteddy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Earl Grey

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:21 PM

Here's the lowdown on the 'Soap doesn't dissolve' issue with these D/Ws... Diverter: WD12X20914  Instructions: WD00X1071  Kit: WD35X20915 . There's also a soap issue with the models that have 2 silverware racks. The rack with the cut out needs to be on the bottom or else not enough water gets to the soap dish.

EDIT: Have your GE rep send you a few... Part number: ap5953059

Part number: ap5953059

is ridiculous!

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 16 February 2015 - 09:19 AM.

#12 sls1955

sls1955

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for the replies.Im going back and will post what happens.thanks again

#13 sls1955

sls1955

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:04 PM

I returned to dishwasher yesterday and it was washing dishes. Water was about 90 degrees and it is hooked to hot water.No problem with soap dispenser, detergent dispense and washed out of dispenser.The person who operates the dishwasher says that steam usually came out of vent when it was in use for two years,dishes hot at end of cycle.Measured the resistance of the thermistor 6.2k. I think thats within tolerance for water temp I measured.The customer uses rinse aid and runs hot water before starting the dw.The part #wd35x10395 has program board,I am wondering if that could be bad or the circuit board that has the relay board and brains could be bad.Im going to order circuit board($41) and see and let you know.

#14 sls1955

sls1955

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:45 AM

replaced the electronic control and no improvement with all heat buttons pressed.It does heat on the test cycle.im not aparts changer but I have come to a point that there is nothing else to check.

I will return and split the door and check out wiring.

#15 sls1955

sls1955

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:14 AM

I found the heater not working on the test cycle when I went back.Measured the thermister resistance and it read 1.088k at room temperature which is to low for the ntc resistor.Replaced the water level/ thermister assembly and it works properly.I do not know why my readings were so far off and why heater was working on test cycle to begin with.Thank for your input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics