Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LE error code on LG WM2487HWM - Main board failure?

le error lg washer main board

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 robbeers

robbeers

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Deschutes Porter

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:03 PM

I’m getting the LE locked motor error on my LG WM2487HWM, serial number #610KWPV02616, built in October 2008.  I replaced the Hall Effect sensor #6501KW2002A twice with new units and the Motor Harness #6877ER1016F with a new unit.  

Everything I’ve read on this site points to the Main Control Board #6871ER1062G as the next option.  But before I plunk down $150 I want to be absolutely sure that it’s defective.  Is there a testing procedure that I'm not finding on the site? We have used only one detergent since purchasing the machine.  It’s HE and we have always used ½ the recommended dosage.  I weighed the largest load of clothing we would ever put in the washer and it weighed 10 lbs. dry.  Here is what I’ve done so far.

1. Received LE code on rare occasion.  Always cleared the code and restarted washer with success.

2. Received LE code recently and while I could restart the machine, I got the LE error each time.

3. Tried unplugging the machine for over an hour and drained the machine.  Got the LE code again.

4. Replaced Hall Effect sensor #Part number: 6501KW2002A

Part number: 6501KW2002A

with a new unit from The Repair Clinic, being sure that it was seated properly.  Rinse & Spin worked.  Empty load with detergent worked.  Successfully washed two loads of clothing.

5. Received LE code on third load.  Reset machine and successfully ran the load.

6. Fourth load has produced the LE code and continues to do so after each reset even after removing wet clothing and draining machine.

7. Ran diagnostics sequence via the control panel.  All test results were good.

8. Replaced the Motor Harness #Part number: 6877ER1016F

Part number: 6877ER1016F

with a new unit from The Repair Clinic.  No change.

9. I tore it down for reinspection.  The Hall Effect sensor is properly snapped into position.  All electrical connections are tight.  The splines are in great shape on both the motor shaft and rotor.  The rotor magnets look great.  I get 10.5 ohms across the three pins of the motor connector on the stator.  Stator looks great.  I’m getting 117 volts out of the Noise Filter.  The red LED on the Main Control Board lights instantly when pressing the power button on the front control panel.

10. I reassembled the washer and ran the diagnostics.  All readings are within range tolerances.

11. I ran an empty Rinse & Spin and then a very light load of clothes with detergent and had success.  I ran 4-5 more loads before receiving the LE error.

12. I cleared the error and successfully ran three empty Rinse & Spin cycles.

13. I received the LE error on the fourth empty LE cycle.

14. Replaced Hall Effect sensor #Part number: 6501KW2002A

Part number: 6501KW2002A

with a new unit from a local supplier, being sure that it was properly seated.  Three empty Rinse & Spin cycles worked.  Empty load with detergent worked.  Successfully washed two loads of clothing.

15. I’m continuing to get the LE error code on occasion.  Sometimes with a very light load. I have checked all electrical connections for corrosion and full connection.  I disconnected all connections at the main PCB for corrosion and properly reseated all connections.  The board is in excellent visual condition.  I have hand-turned the drum on multiple occasions and found no obstructions.

Thanks in advance for your input!

RB

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 22 February 2015 - 01:01 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 30,389 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:06 PM

Here's the service manual for your washer: http://appliantology...service-manual/

And here's a service bulletin from LG specifically on troubleshooting these pesky LE error codes. It shows how to analytically test the hall sensor, wiring, and control board output: http://appliantology...rvice-bulletin/

Also check for loose or oxidized connectors on the main board where the wire harness connects. I know you replaced the wire harness, but the connectors on the main board are still the original ones and may be oxidized. Clean them off and make sure the wire harness connector fits snugly. 

#3 robbeers

robbeers

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:39 PM

Domo arigato, Samurai.  I have a busy week ahead, but once I've completed the recommended diagnostics, I'll report back.   :pint1:

#4 robbeers

robbeers

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Today, 01:06 AM

:kopkrab:  Okay, I finally got around to working on this LE error code problem  I did testing of the Hall Effect Sensor and the wiring harness at the board.  Everything was good.  I replaced the Main Control Board #6871ER1062G.  It immediately gave me the PE code.  I triple-checked all connections at the control board and the pressure sensor,  I even disconnected the pressure tube and gently blew in air to check for an obstruction.  None was present.  I gently blew and sucked air in and out of the pressure switch.  It seemed to be working fine.  I can't get past the PE code.  Did I get a bad replacement Main Control Board #6871ER1062G?  :angry: 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics