Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire front load washer Model GLTF2940FE2

Blue Book job charges

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alstlouis

alstlouis

Samanera

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Select

Posted Yesterday, 11:35 PM

My client wants a price before I come out (wanting to avoid my ultra low $49 service charge I guess).

Anyway I'll be using the download of Model GLTF2940EE0 manual I found using wildcard (I assume it's the same) but don't have a blue book to price job so asking for help

door lock assembly costs $64.81  what would others charge for this repair?  What's blue book say?

control board costs $144.66  same questions--charge?  Blue book says?

Customer complaint is that washer stops when it gets to spin cycle. Sounds like door switch causes this issue (from reading forums) but I won't know until I run diagnostic mode on machine, but customer won't allow me to come out without a good idea of charges beforehand

Thanks in advance for your help, the more I do the more I learn and the info and advice here is incredible and I am so gratefull for it!

Al

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted Today, 12:51 PM

Sounds like a customer to avoid, prolly looking for ur idea then do repair themselves

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted Today, 04:30 PM

It's good to be able to pre-diagnose and complete a call on the first trip, but it may backfire with this type of customer.  Especially when it could be just a drain restriction.

Advise the customer you'll have to check the unit before rendering an estimate.

That's funny.  While typing this reply, I received a phone call from a customer wanting to know how much to repair an Affinty washer that won't spin.  I advised him of the service call charge and that we would have to check the unit first.  Small world.

#4 alstlouis

alstlouis

Samanera

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Select

Posted Today, 05:58 PM

Ultimately that's what I told him. He has to think about the $49 charge to diagnose and said he'll get back to me. Doubt I hear from him again but who knows.

I wonder if anyone has a bluebook they would sell me cheap (even if it's a couple yrs old) so I can price my jobs effectively??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics