Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ZFSB27DYBSS ice maker dispenser removal

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Souther

Steve Souther

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Rolling Rock

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:59 AM

This GE Monogram Fridge has a trim bracket o the ice maker dispenser on the door. Once that is removed, there are a number of screws, also removed. While the unit moves a bit, it does not come off to replace the flapper inside or allow cleaning. 

There is another trim plate on the top of the unit. Does this need to be removed as well? And if so, how?

Thanks in advance for your help.

SS

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Repairit2

Repairit2

Samanera

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Brew

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

These are a little tricky to remove, first you have to remove all the screws on the door behind the door gasket. Next, pull the inside part of the door off and then you will see a styrofoam cover in the area where the dispenser is located, carefully cut the tape going around this area, once you remove the styrofoam cover you will should see 6-8 screws holding the trim and dispenser assembly. You must be very carefull to replace any foam or foam sealant when doing this repair... if it is not sealed properly you will have a major condensation leak in the freezer. 

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,779 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

Without seeing a picture of your interface, I will assume this is similar to most GE dispensers..... from a recent thread concerning a different model

just about all the repair videos show them Prying off the trim piece for A GE dispenser repair. Absolute waste of time. It's like they conflated it with the whirlpool disassembly method or something.
If you look under the interface you will see three small holes... the outside two are the ones you need to concentrate on. Use a tiny screwdriver or any small pointy thing and push it up in the left hole and the left side of the interface pops off. Do the same for the right side. Once you get use to this method, you can pop the interface off in a few seconds.dc8357_0.jpg

The interface can also come off with an upward pull of the interface if you decide not to release the clips as stated above.

Anyhow, check under the interface for the little holes, if you see them then this method applies..
if not, upload a picture of your dispenser area.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 26 February 2015 - 10:35 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 Steve Souther

Steve Souther

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

Well, I'd love to show you but can't seem to upload the pictures I took. I also tried to create a gallery and struck out. LOL I may just keep scraping the frost out of the chute. LOL But I'd like to get it right.

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:01 AM

use photobucket then paste img link here

see http://appliantology...ictures-videos/

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 27 February 2015 - 08:07 AM.

#6 Steve Souther

Steve Souther

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:29 AM

http://s300.photobuc...2gu0gl.jpg.html
Once the trim is removed, there are 8- 10 screws. Once they are removed, the unit moves slightly but does not come out. Hoping not to break anything.... Again. LOL
Are there other screws behind the plate with the labels (Ice, water) on it?
http://s300.photobuc...html?sort=3&o=1
Plate off

#7 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:02 AM

please reread my post above . did you try it? You don't mention it... What, am I chopped liver or somethin'?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics