Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

DBVH512EFOWW GE DRYER

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shzozodog

shzozodog

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:none

Posted Today, 01:58 PM

Dryer shuts off after a couple of minutes, will start again after 10-15 min and shut off after couple of minutes. Initial thought was lint problem.  Replaced vent tube, took drum out cleaned inside and inside the door housing where lint travels. Manually cleaned WE4300 T-Stat, Outlet Bkup Org sensor and WE4M336 Thermistor Outlet Cnt. Same outcome.

Replaced WE4300 T-Stat, Outlet Bkup Org sensor.  It ran, but I smelled something heating up (electrical smell). It ran and I could and I could stop and restart dryer a few times which was different than before. (Another symptom before cleaning was you could not stop and restart without waiting until something reset). Needing someones direction.  Wife is getting very tired of my inept DYI itness.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 weswayne

weswayne

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted Today, 05:35 PM

Do you have the tech sheet to put it into service mode? You getting any error codes? Does the dryer present the same symptoms in time dry mode and sensor drying mode?

Edited by weswayne, Today, 05:42 PM.

#3 shzozodog

shzozodog

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Today, 05:40 PM

Just found that tech sheet today. Thanks. Will let you know tomorrow.

#4 shzozodog

shzozodog

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Today, 07:47 PM

Got into service mode. Not being to familiar with navigating I was in the t02 or t03 area when it gave me me an E60 door switch error. Went through more t0 numbers and at t04 gave me a EEP which I believe is ok. Then as I was going through more I have a E01 that wont disappear which is EEPROM failure. Definitely need help on that one. Manual sights it as critical failure.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics