Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore washer spin issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gonzo

gonzo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 11:53 AM

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this problem as I really don't want to pay a repair guy $75 to tell me my machine isn't worth the cost of the repair.    My 8 yr old Kenmore 90 series washing machine ( model # 110.28902790 )won't spin unless I open then close the lid during the spin cycle.  I have watched the washer through many whole cycles (the heavy duty cycle and the perm press- both do the same thing). It washes OK, pauses, drains with a little spin, pauses, tries to spin and it just makes a uuuah-uuuah -uuuah sound. When I lift the lid it "clunks"  and the tub turns a little. when the lid is then closed it starts to spin and seems to spin properly. It rinses OK, pauses, drains with a spin OK, pauses, then does the same thing when it is supposed to spin. Occasionally, it will go into the rinse cycle spin with no lifting of the lid. I've been told that this could be a timer problem or a neutral drain transmission problem. Do you have any ideas? Can you tell me how to determine if it is one or the other? The timer I could replace myself but I'm not sure about tackling a transmission repair!! Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:07 PM

You might have a lid switch problem.  By lifting the lid and closing it again is making contact. See if seems to be loose or falling down inside of the case.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 gonzo

gonzo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:59 PM

Thanks for the response - the lid switch seems to be in good shape -but I haven't checked the wires at the far end of the cable-i assume that i need to remove the cabinet to do that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics