Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Simpson washing machine troubles

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_katy_4575_*

Lurker_katy_4575_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:37 AM

About a week ago I noticed that my machine was filling very slowly ( taking several hours to do one load). I replaced the inlet valve and started a cycle on low. By the noise of the water entering the machine and the speed at which the machine filled I knew it was now filling as quickly as it should. I left the machine and came back to see how it was going a while later to find it had overfilled. I then realised i hadn't reconnected the tube that connects to the water timer switch which had become disconnected when I opened the top panel of the machine (when replacing the inlet valve). I reconnected this, closed the panel and reconnected the power supply. At this stage my machine was stil overfull from when it earlier overfilled. I bailed the excess water out and pulled the button out to continue the cycle. The machine still wanted to keep filling so I turned the tap off to see if this would help. The machine then started to make a humming noise but wasn't actually doing anything. So I pushed the button back in and advanced it to the wash part of the cycle. I pulled the button back out to start the machine and still all it is doing is making a humming noise but wont wash or do anything else. Any ideas?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 05:15 AM

The Simpson name came up here a couple of weeks back, I presume you're in Australia or NZ?

Basically, beacuse the tube was disconnected, the switch hasn't pressurized correctly to sense that the tub is full. Empty it, start again and you should be OK. The humming noise is the water valve operating but it can't get any water.

Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#3 Lurker_katy_4575_*

Lurker_katy_4575_*

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:16 PM

Thanks Mad Mac.

Yes I am from Australia. I thought this might be the case but knowing next to nothing about washing machines thought I might be way off track so I decided   I had better ask first. The Repair Clinic Guru, who I also sent my enquiry to said water probably got on the motor when the machine overfilled so heres hoping your right. Thanks again.

#4 Lurker_readnik_*

Lurker_readnik_*

Posted 13 September 2005 - 11:55 PM

I have a simpson washer that will overflow intermittantly. I have looked at the flexi pipe (the one for level control) there are no kinks or anything in it. Was wondering if it could be the solenoid valve for the water cut off...as sometimes when i open the lid the water still comes in....any thoughts from anyone

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:37 AM

If the water keep filling in a washer and it stops when you turn the washer off it is ususally a problem in the washer.  If the water keeps running when you turn the washer and unplug the washer then it would be mechanical, the fill valve is not closing, something inside is holding it open.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics