Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

brand new frigidaire diswasher doesn't clean

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LeAnne5651

LeAnne5651

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 09:24 AM

We are working on fixing up an old home. We bought a brand new frigidaire crown dishwasher. It doesn't clean well at all. I am wondering if we are doing something wrong.(although, how hard is it to put detergent in, shut the door & press a button??)  It leaves a lot of mess on the top shelve and some on the bottom.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,837 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 May 2005 - 12:49 PM

If this dishwasher is brand new (less than one year), then call for warranty service-- this shouldn't cost you anything.

#3 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:27 PM

One of the most common problems I find on new Frigidaire dishwasher is low water fill level. They put a flow restriction washer under the screen in the water inlet valve. The washer has two very small holes that let water through the valve. These holes are way too small for alot of peoples water supply.

See if the float is raised after the machine fills and starts to wash. If not, you found your problem. These machines only use about 1.7 gallons each fill. If your water level is low, the pump will not keep the system pressurized(it sucks air and loses pressure) and the upper rack will not get clean.

If I was doing the service call, I would enlarge the holes in the flow restriction washer with an icepick or awl. If you take the washer out completely, the valve will make more noise during fill.

Some service guys will not do this, they don't want to risk getting blamed if the machine leaks or overfills.

If you're handy, it's an easy job.

Remove the valve, take note of how things are aligned, take it apart (4 screws) remove the screen, remove the washers, make the holes bigger, put it all back together.

Check for leaks and enjoy.

If you don't get a full charge of water, you get...

1. low wash pressure

2. poor soap performance

3. the heat element will not work as intended, because the water isn't making contact.

4. poor rinsing

5. unhappy customer.

Nick

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics