Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchen Aid dishwasher KUDS35FXSXSSA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DOUG01

DOUG01

Samanera

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:BUD

Posted Yesterday, 06:24 PM

Dishwasher when using any heat cycles is condensating from the water inlet on the left side of the tub. (flap inside inlet ok) causing large mold spot on insulation blanket and same size water spot in cabinet. This is a 14 month old unit in a new home. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Strathy

Strathy

Head Wrench

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted Yesterday, 11:30 PM

Your model number is bad.  On that style of dishwasher, check the vent for the dry cycle (top left corner of door.)  When it is blocked or not working properly, steam from the dry cycle is pushed out the fill hole and condensates on the left side fill chamber.  

Neighbour's Appliance Service
Servicing Southern Manitoba, Canada

#3 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted Today, 05:43 AM

Although it didn't come up for this model, Whirlpool did add a plastic liner to the insulation blanket on another model with this issue. If I come across that Service Flash, I'll let you know. In the meantime, maybe someone else will know what I am talking about and post it here...

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#4 DOUG01

DOUG01

Samanera

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:BUD

Posted Today, 07:16 AM

Let me go back and recheck it. This is a solid door missed the vent somewhere.

Thanks for the advice.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics