Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Amana NGD7200 Gas Dryer - Cuts on and Off...Cycles but never gets HOT

No heat cuts on and off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sschlein

sschlein

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud

Posted Yesterday, 10:11 PM

Dryer ignitor lights up. Gas valve opens and the gas kicks on....runs maybe 10-15 seconds and then cuts off.   System resets after a few minutes and the cycle repeats.  Dryer nevers reaches operating temp.  

So for I have changed the ignitor (it was bad).  I have checked the flame sensor...good.  I have changed the coil packs...I have changed the operating thermostat (the one with the 230 to 50 written on the back).  Have checked the high limit thermostat (and of course it fine).  Also check the thermister...good.

What else could it possibly be?  The only thing that I can think of is that the control panel temp control switch is not putting out the proper voltage and is some how forcing the operating thermostat to close and open improperly.

Please help...

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

"Hollywood"

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted Yesterday, 11:12 PM

Are you sure the thermistor is good? I had one do the exact same thing and the thermistor was bad. Exhaust temps would only reach about 85 degrees. It would fire for just a few seconds and then shut off, then repeat.

How did you test the thermistor?

Edited by Applianceman97, Today, 01:52 AM.

Just-in TIme Logo.jpg

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#3 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted Today, 04:59 AM

Airflow?

#4 weswayne

weswayne

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted Today, 09:45 AM

Try cleaning the moisture sensor bars. They might be gunked over with fabric softener sheet residue.Part number: AP4045518

Part number: AP4045518

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics