Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Electrolux ENL62701X not cooling

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TMMCEO

TMMCEO

Samanera

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Heineiken

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:50 AM

Whelp just saw samurais webinar about contributions of knowledge. Forgive me for any errors and etiquettenfor this is my first topic.

Well I recently recieved a call in which the customer was complaining about his fridge acting crazy evap fan cycling intermittently and lights completely off. as soon as I got there the user interface was flashing a ce error code. I proceed to remove the kick plate and the schematics were there. I saw nothing in regards to the message. What I noticed on the schematic was that the main control board was the source of all the components acting bizarre as the root source. I googled the error code and apparently ce means communication error between that main pcb and the interface. Well I changed the main board and the evap fan stop cycling on and off the damper wasn't clicking anymore and the lights came on also the error message went away.. I was like yes figured it out.

Not so fast though. The compressor wasn't working. Now this model hasn't got one of the old relays that you can just check for the rattling noise that when you hear it your like Ching ching, no this one had an inveter . I thought damn, what now. So I checked the two harnesses going to the relay. One (blue and black) had 120 vac so I was like good, the other ( black and red) had only 2.3 Vdc now if memory serves me correctly I think it's supposed to have 4 to 6 actually the schematic says it's supposed to have 5. Now I then proceeded to check the compressor and all three legs had 6.4 all good. So The only thing that has me thinking is the 2.3 vdc I looked at the schematic and it seems to be coming from the interface I'll change it out on Wednesday and get back to you guys.

On a side note I want to thank you guys for all your help. I'm humbled sometimes by the abundance of knowledge you guys have and special shoutout to samurai for your webinars. Durham for the Samsung posts. LI Ny tech for the Miele stuff and appliance 97 and a host of other brothers who posts darn near everything about everything.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,635 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:46 AM

Great job on your post! And great job figuring out the problem.... but did you go to that repair without documentation... suppose the tech sheet wasn't on board? Did you ask the customer about any errors during your initial phone interview so you could create a plan of action?

Now if you had done proper recon, obtained documentation, you may have found not only good info but even a plan of action:

gallery_51884_80_295535.png

From Electrolux.... check lines.. replace INTERFACE first, then mainboard.

So I reiterate, great post...questionable planning.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 31 March 2015 - 05:51 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 TMMCEO

TMMCEO

Samanera

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:59 AM

Great information brother d. But where did you find that I even searched here

#4 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

"Hollywood"

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:07 AM

Go to this thread. http://appliantology...ines-to-access/

The link to Electrolux/Frigidaire tech sheets, Intall manuals, Parts diagrams is there. Many other tech sites as well.

Also , if the manual was not on appliantology, you can post for a request in the manual request form. Do your best to never head to a customers home without the tech documentation and study it before you arrive at the customers home.

Edited by Applianceman97, 31 March 2015 - 10:13 AM.

Just-in TIme Logo.jpg

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,635 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:20 AM

Also, never leave home without your Frigidaire Refrigerator Survival Kit check out and download the Error code Booklet.. that's where the info came from... you should really download the entire kit and have handy.

http://appliantology...r-survival-kit/

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 31 March 2015 - 10:21 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#6 TMMCEO

TMMCEO

Samanera

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted Today, 01:43 AM

Update:on an attempt to get rid of the "CE" error I swaped out user interface,
I hooked up everything. Even though néw interface is a newer version. (Pay carefull to the installation instructions) great news, everything is working putting this topic to bed hope, that this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics