LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Whirlpool icemaker GI15NFLTS2 service manual

jay jay

This unit was manufactured in 2009.  The other older icemaker service manuals I've seen have different controller operating parameters and different diagnostics.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jay jay

• Thirstytech

Thanks for the links. Unfortunately that literature is from 1999 and the software and control board are different. I have been searching but have not found any data for the unit I've been trying to repair.

What is the issue with the unit your'e working on?

Unit stopped making ice. 

Unit running ... refer system seems OK.  But recirc pump is cavitating.  Insufficient water in tray.

Water flow rate is good on fill.  I wanted to run the diagnostics, but the push buttons did not work very well.  So I ordered a new push button board, the membrane for it and a new water level sensor. Put it all in, did the start up and left. On the return trip the unit had not produced any ice.  Test ran it and there was some ice, but the cutter would not cut the thin slab.

A check indicated that the plug for the heater wire had a bad connection.  Fixed it.  Tried the diagnostic tests, but the results are way different than those described in the service book I was using. Circuit board (main) is p/n: 2304129 rev B

Ice maker mfg: 08-09 

More tests ... start up ... water fills for 35 seconds and just touches the level sensor.  Unit runs refer system for 28 minutes then the cycle changes.  Cond fan off, HGBP energizes.  The ice slab is thin due to the lack of water. So ... there is insufficient water in the tray and I had installed a new sensor (2313643) new switch (control buttons 2304121) and a new overlay (2313692) 

The diagnostic test ran through the cycles quickly, so I recorded it so I could document it.

9 seconds Compressor runs LED: Service

5 seconds Water fills LED: service blinking, clean cycle

5 seconds Condenser fan runs LED: on/off, clean cycle

5 seconds Hot gas bypass opens LED: on/off, service

5 seconds Recirc pump runs LED: on/off, service, clean cycle

5 seconds Drain pump runs LED: on/off, clean cycle 

I suspect the water sensor, but I already replaced it.  Could be the connector ... I can check again, but I don't understand the filling

sequence or how determine the problem with that part of the system. 

=== I returned after getting some advise on another forum. (1) the water valve might be bad. (2) the refer system might be weak.

Evap temp was -10 deg F at the beginning of the tubing and +32 deg F at the end of the tubing ... with water flowing and a thin ice slab on the evap plate. 

I don't know how to proceed. 

The water flow during the fill cycle is very strong.  But it only adds 16 fl oz of water.  It takes 42 fl oz to fill the tray.

Does the water valve control the amount of water, or is it the control board and level sensor?  The level sensor has been replaced. If I

could get the correct diagnostic literature ... I was using 4317408.PDF  I could probably determine the real problem.