Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher and Paykel DD602 Lid Seal

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 maty3387

maty3387

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:43 PM

Hi all,

Just moved in to a place with the Fisher and Paykel DS602 single drawer dishwasher. After reading the owner manual, it is stated that "you may notice a delay after the Start / Pause button has been pressed. During this time the lid seal will be inflating." However I am not sure if the delay on mine is "normal". How long should it take for the lid seal to inflate? 

Should the lid seal should only take a few seconds to deflate when pausing the drawer mid cycle?

Cheers

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 weswayne

weswayne

Kohai

• Chief+ Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

At the beginning of each wash cycle, the lid seal inflates while the pre drain cycle removes
any residue water from the tub. This runs for approximately 60 seconds, then the tub fills.

At the end of the dishwasher programme, or a pause in the programme, an exhaust valve
releases the air pressure from the bellows section gasket. This deflates the seal and
unlocks the tub and drawer.

#3 maty3387

maty3387

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:22 AM

So does that mean it will take 60 seconds to inflate?

#4 weswayne

weswayne

Kohai

• Chief+ Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted Yesterday, 10:11 AM

Yes. That is the information straight from the manual.

Edited by weswayne, Yesterday, 10:12 AM.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 30,522 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted Yesterday, 01:46 PM

Although the actual lid seal inflation process may not require 60 seconds, the entire pre-wash process is 60 seconds long. If it's taking much longer than that, then the inflatable lid seal may have a leak. 

You can place the control into diagnostic mode and separately inflate the lid seal to check for leaks. The service manual has the procedure: http://appliantology...-service-parts/

#6 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Mutsuhito

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted Yesterday, 01:57 PM

My question is, Why are you timing it? Run the dishwasher if it doesn't leak it's fine. You may be looking for a problem when there isn't one.

"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

"Occam's RAZOR 'the simplest answer is most often correct'"

#7 maty3387

maty3387

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Today, 12:58 AM

Thanks all for the info. You're right there, if all is good why question it. It's just that I've never experienced using this type of dishwasher before and as it is different in both form and function, there are certain things that I am questioning about its method of operation. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics