Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool LSQ9549pw2 timer knob does not stay on shaft...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 daydreamer152

daydreamer152

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:25 PM

Timer knob comes off in hand when pulled out to start a cycle. Have to pull on the stub of the shaft to start washer.

Is there something missing (a retainer)? something broken? Some advice here....

You as a group have been absolutely super with help to get this machine running again....This is the last issue (as far as I know) and is a minor one.

All advice is humbly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 weswayne

weswayne

Kohai

• Chief+ Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted Yesterday, 07:48 PM

Watch the video and see if you can tell if anything has broken.Part number: AP3738284

Part number: AP3738284

#3 daydreamer152

daydreamer152

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted Today, 08:29 PM

weswayne

I watched the video and everything on the timer side looks the same. I am wondering about the knob. Mine has a hole with flat sides. This hole is absolutely empty. It would seem that the inside of the hole would need some "claws" or something to pull the shaft out. Mine has nothing. Can you/anyone describe what the inside of the knob should look like. Looking like a new knob in my future...

Thanks again.....

#4 weswayne

weswayne

Kohai

• Chief+ Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted Today, 08:37 PM

See if these pictures will help.Part number: AP3675885

Part number: AP3675885

#5 weswayne

weswayne

Kohai

• Chief+ Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted Today, 08:43 PM

Did you take note of the black pin he pulled out of the back of the timer? The end of the pin extends through the timer to the opening of the timer shaft where the knob fits on. When the black pin is in place and you push the knob back on the timer shaft it locks in place allowing you to pull without the knob coming off the timer shaft.

#6 daydreamer152

daydreamer152

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted Today, 10:14 PM

I saw the black pin I didn't have sound enabled so the explanation was lacking. Is the PIN available as a seperate part.?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics