Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Need late 1970's Maytag DE 606 idler pulley!

DE 606 vintage dryer Maytag 606 1970s Maytag dryer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ellen Tigh

Ellen Tigh

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:27 AM

My mom's gorgeous Harvest Gold vintage late 1970's Maytag DE 606 electric dryer needs an idler pulley.  Can anyone suggest a source for this part?  I have checked the internet and the Akron, Ohio area where my mom lives to no avail.  I would hate to have to scrap this beauty for want of a $20 part.  Works perfectly other than LOUD squeaking from worn out bushings.  Thank you for any help you can offer!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:54 PM

Can you post a good, clear picture of this idler roller????................. there could be an easy replacement if we could get a visual on this puppy........You may have to make some measurements at your end if we could see the worn roller :thumbsup: .

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Senior Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts

Posted Today, 06:52 AM

Need to also make sure you are getting your parts terminlogy correct on this old one so everyone is on the same page.

This is one of the very old original 2 v-belt Maytag dryer, (Halo of heat with heater in front of drum).

What I would consider the idler pulley on this machine is the big pulley to the lower right hand side looking at the back.

I don't think I've ever seen an idler pulley wear out on one of these, just need to clean up gummed up slide and clean the axle with emory cloth clean old grease from bushing and relube with a thin film 3-n-1 machine oil and lube the slide with auto wheel bearing grease.

A more common problem that I have seen numerous times on these machines is the motor pulley wearing out.  It is an aluminum pulley and wears so that it won't grip the belt anymore then won't turn the pulleys.

You're going to be very lucky to find parts for this old Maytag - pretty much belts, t-stats, wiring terminal block and screws are the only things listed as still available on the Sears & APP parts breakdown pages.

Original part# 3-840 subs to newest part# 300840 Idler or Reduction Pulley (no longer available sinse 2009)

http://www.appliance...-ap4036587.html

0028386055_4.gif

Pulley-300840-00858022.jpg

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair, Today, 07:40 AM.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#4 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted Today, 09:08 AM

I was looking at the parts in the lower right section....P/N's 310285 and 310204 and 30831..........Could not tell what was what  with things listed as N.L.A. and no pictures.......

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics