Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Replacement timer WH12X10338 for GE washer WDSR2080G2WW - what's the trick to making it fit?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SaraP07

SaraP07

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:iced tea

Posted Yesterday, 06:08 PM

The replacement timer for my washer has a couple of small brackets moulded into the plastic that aren't on the original, in addition it has an attached metal plate on the side that goes up against the front control panel, also being the side that the control knob's shaft extends from. The timer, once installed didn't fit; the knob's shaft was way off center and the control panel couldn't close. I removed it and cut off the extra brackets and trimmed back the tabs that held on the metal plate. Success! Got it all back together but now the new knob WH01X10310 won't lock on. It appears that the spot on the shaft that the clip needs to secure is too far under the level of the face of the panel! Why did they add the plate to these replacement parts and can it be removed completely? Now that I've removed the tabs I can't send this timer back. What to do? Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 weswayne

weswayne

Kohai

• Chief+ Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted Yesterday, 08:45 PM

Video will show how to properly install so maybe you can make an adjustment. It is difficult to follow what you are trying to splain. You can take some pics and upload to a different site and post a link to show us what you are having trouble with but maybe the video will help a little.

Part number: AP3995133

Part number: AP3995133

#3 SaraP07

SaraP07

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:21 PM

Hmmmm.....okay, "post to another site", splain further? I got the take pictures part but I'm new here. What other site?

#4 weswayne

weswayne

Kohai

• Chief+ Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted Yesterday, 09:55 PM

If you cannot upload pics on this site, then in order for anyone to view the pic you need to post a link. Dropbox or google pics, or whathaveya.

#5 SaraP07

SaraP07

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:33 PM

Alright. I've got to go out of town in the morning to work this election; I'll be back Wednesday. I'll read the instructions to learn how to post the pictures here when I get back. Thanks for your patience

#6 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Senior Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,034 posts

Posted Today, 06:37 AM

Sounds to me like maybe someone sold you the wrong timer in a box marked Part number: WH12x10338

Part number: WH12x10338

Looking at any of the parts sites, a WH12x10338 timer doesn't have any metal plate or metal tabs, just the original cheap plastic tabs and timer body that breaks so you have to replace the timer or find another way to attach it solidly to the console, (I've done this using plumbers strapping).

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, Today, 06:56 AM.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics