Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Quiet Partner ll DU1100XTPSA Soaking+Washing LEDs

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 archetype

archetype

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

My unit wasn't running and the Normal light was blinking so I replaced the front panel. The unit now runs. However, the Soaking and Washing lights are now on simultaneously during operation and the wash cycle never seems to end, or perhaps it just repeats itself. I canceled it after 2+ hours.

Any suggestions for what I should look at next?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 weswayne

weswayne

Senpai

• Chief+ Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

Try running the service diagnostics and monitor the process.

Tech sheet should be behind toe panel.

To enter service mode press:

Heated Dry, Normal, Heated Dry, Normal   (within 6 seconds) 

#3 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:33 AM

Part number: W10134017

Part number: W10134017

Check the thermister, machine will run forever if bad...

Edited by Chat_in_FL, 17 May 2015 - 07:33 AM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#4 archetype

archetype

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

Thanks!

Here are the results of the diagnostic run:

Clean LED failed in intervals 16,15,14, and 2

Sanitized LED failed in interval 9

Drying LED failed in intervals 2 and 1

If I comprehend the diagnostic Notes correctly for Clean & Sanitized, the thermistor/soil sensor seems to be the cause. Would this indicate something else or additional? 

#5 weswayne

weswayne

Senpai

• Chief+ Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:06 PM

Are the Soaking and Washing lights still on during operation and does the washer still continue to run on and on as stated in the original post? If so, go with what Chat posted.

#6 archetype

archetype

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:15 AM

Yes to both questions. I'll replace the thermistor as suggested and report results.

#7 archetype

archetype

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:40 PM

Update:

Replaced thermistor this weekend. No change in status. Soaking and Washing LEDs remain on simultaneously throughout operation and wash cycle never ends.

#8 weswayne

weswayne

Senpai

• Chief+ Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:38 PM

Check to make sure the heating element is measuring between 10-30 Ohms. You can check from the control panel. Use the diagram on the tech sheet to find the heater element and find the wires on the control panel and door switch for the test point. Unplug the P6 connection from the control panel. MAKE SURE THE POWER IS DISCONNECTED TO DISHWASHER BEFORE MAKING ANY RESISTANCE MEASUREMENTS.

#9 weswayne

weswayne

Senpai

• Chief+ Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:55 PM

Run another diagnostic cycle after you have installed the new thermistor. Then run a normal wash cycle. If the same blinking lights come up refer to the possible heating element issue.

#10 archetype

archetype

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted Today, 02:58 PM

The heating element meters 12.3.

Another diagnostic run has the Clean LED now on for interval 2 but still no Drying LED for interval 2 or 1. Would you replace the heating element anyway?

#11 weswayne

weswayne

Senpai

• Chief+ Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted Today, 03:09 PM

If you tested the heating element from the control panel, you tested the element and the hi-limit so both sound like they are ok.

Did you run a normal wash to see if the same lights for soaking and washing would stay on?

Replace thermistor, run diagnostic cycle, then run normal wash cycle to see if the washing and soaking lights come back on?

#12 archetype

archetype

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted Today, 03:29 PM

The heating element was tested at the control panel and also direct. 12.2 - 12.3 

The thermistor is new. I ran diagnostics and a normal wash cycle after installation. The Washing and Soaking lights were still on together. I ran another diagnostic cycle today after testing the heating element. The Washing and Soaking lights still remain on during a normal wash.

Thanks again for all of your assistance.

#13 weswayne

weswayne

Senpai

• Chief+ Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted Today, 03:52 PM

Do you run the hot water at the sink to make sure the incoming water is hot before you start a wash cycle?

You mentioned you replaced the "front panel" in your original post. Did you mean you replaced the control panel?

#14 archetype

archetype

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted Today, 04:04 PM

I have never run the the hot water at sink before starting a wash cycle. I'll do so now and rerun diagnostics if that will make a difference.

Yes, I meant I replaced the touchpad control panel.

#15 weswayne

weswayne

Senpai

• Chief+ Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted Today, 04:14 PM

Ok. Try running the hot water before you start a wash. See if that makes a difference.

You may need to replace the electronic control board. The board may not be energizing the heating element so the washer continues to wait and run for the water to reach the proper temps. Or the control board may not be interpreting the information and stalls in the washing mode. You can replace the board and if it doesnt fix your problem then you can pay to ship it back and get a purchase price refund. Since you have a new thermistor and the hi-limit and element seem to be ok, then I would replace the control board. The control board is what I thought you had replaced, but you clearly indicated front panel.

Part number: AP4309110

Part number: AP4309110

#16 weswayne

weswayne

Senpai

• Chief+ Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted Today, 04:22 PM

http://www.whirlpool...- W10130986.pdf

users manual. page 4. step 4. Run hot water at the sink nearest your dishwasher until the water is hot. Turn off water.

A lot of homeowners are unaware of this process including myself.

#17 archetype

archetype

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted Today, 04:28 PM

Thanks! I'll give the control board a go and hope that that makes the difference. Thanks for the hot water info.

#18 weswayne

weswayne

Senpai

• Chief+ Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted Today, 04:30 PM

OK, I hope the control board works out. Let us know how it goes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics