Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

KitchenAid KSCS25INSS01

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KurbyMstr

KurbyMstr

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Cherry Coke

Posted Today, 07:18 PM

I have a customer that is having a defrost issue with their unit.  The main control board for this unit is NLA, and repair clinic gives the phone number for Whirlpool for further repair questions.  So my question is what are my fellow brothers doing to have these boards repaired?  Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted Today, 07:31 PM

I'd check with Corecentricsolutions, fixyourboard.com etc. I usually recommend fixyourboard and they have been good so far. They cost a little more. I haven't been fond of Corecentricsolutions since I worked at Sears because they rebuilt our parts. We usually take the board off and have the customer deal with sending it off. You don't want to be held accountable if it's lost in the mail or whatever happens.
They can pay extra for expedited repairs. I think my last customer paid that and had it repaired and back in 3 days.

#3 lvasquez11

lvasquez11

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted Today, 09:17 PM

I have a listing on ebay for the repair.  $85  .   Have customer send control brd.

Are you able to run diagnostics on control board.    Evaporator motor running to correct speed.  Bi metal closed n able to cycle defrost.

#4 KurbyMstr

KurbyMstr

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Cherry Coke

Posted Today, 09:32 PM

Thanks for the responses.  I was able to run the service model.  Defrost heater did cycle on, Bi metal was closed and then opened- checked before and after defrosting evaporator.  I like the 2 year warranty that fixyourboard.com offers, repair is a little pricey but good warranty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics