Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Oven is not reaching set temperature

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HTJ

HTJ

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:40 PM

I have a G.E. Microwave Range combo. Model # JKP78G0K2BG, Manufactured in 1988.

My oven won't reach the dialed in temp. It thinks it's there and will beep to signify that it is up to temp but the thermometers that I have placed inside are reading approx. 150 degrees lower then what the digital oven display is showing. Example. I will press "BAKE" then dial in 500 degrees then hit "START". Right away the oven temp display will be showing a starting temp of 150 to 200 degrees from a cold start. That's the first sign of trouble. Within a matter of minutes the oven will beep saying it's reached 500 degrees. The thermometers I placed inside read about 325. After 30 minutes they read about 350 and that's it.

I have replaced the Bake and Broil elements as well as the temp sensor. There is no change. I want to try adjusting the thermostat through the digital display (if possible) but I don't know how to do it and I do not have the owners manual. I don't think that it will help much though. I don't think it is adjustable much more than + or - 35 degrees.

If anyone has any ideas I'm happy to hear them. I want to avoid spending a couple of thousand on a new oven. Thanks

Mike

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Lurker_Oven User_*

Lurker_Oven User_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 14 May 2005 - 04:11 AM

Sound of calibration by 150F.
Do a simple math and use it. No point to spend too much repair meney on a 17 years old GE oven.

#3 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 14 May 2005 - 04:23 AM

Hello, my dialing friend.  Did you know that our most dear and gracious host, Samurai Appliance Repair Man, has written an illuminating epistle on the subject of oven thermostat calibration?  Yes, it is true.  Would you like to read it?  Alright, it is here.

On some ovens, the technician's service sheet explains how to adjust the temperature of the ERC.  The service sheet is usually hidden within the appliance; in your case, I would venture to guess that it is inside the control compartment.  If not, you can always obtain a replacement directly from the GE, the Great Satan of appliance manufacturers.

Allahu Akbar!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics