Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung RF26HFENDSR/AA Manual Defrost

samsung defrost

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tarlach

tarlach

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Blue Moon

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:13 PM

I have a Samsung RF26HFENDSR/AA that was serviced due to ice buildup apparently from a control module that wasn't signaling the defrost cycle.  They steamed it out and a couple weeks later replaced the part (had to order it).  After replacing it I had some noise comeback, but they didn't clean it out when they came back.  I did a bit of a defrost by leaving the freezer open with the power off, but I was wondering if there was a way to manually trigger the defrost cycle.  I've read in the blog here how to do it, but it's for a different model (same with some youtube videos).  Does anyone know the sequence for this model?  I'd a newer, french door model.  Holding down power freeze and freezer turns cooling off.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 30,942 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted Yesterday, 08:11 AM

I have a Samsung RF26HFENDSR/AA that was serviced due to ice buildup apparently from a control module that wasn't signaling the defrost cycle. 

This is unusual in Samsung fridges. 

What was the original problem? Was water under the crisper drawers one of them?

Several tech docs in the downloads section will help with this:

Samsung RF26HF FDBM Refrigerator Fast Track 

Samsung RF260 RF261 RF26H FDBM Refrigerator Service Manual ZIP

Samsung Refrigerator Service Pointer Water leaking under crispers fan noise 

#3 tarlach

tarlach

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:18 PM

The details...

Got the fridge in November.  In late May it started making a lot of fan noise (in the freezer area not the fan in the back/bottom) and the freezer wasn't as cold as it should be (ice cream was soft).  Had someone come out and they deiced it with a steamer (that's what my wife said anyway as I wasn't there) and said the defrost module wasn't being told to come on.  So they ordered a part, but due to some organizational issues (not sure if Samsung or the service people) it took a couple weeks to get the part replaced.  When they replaced the part they didn't deice the fridge again and it was pretty frosted up.  Part of the problem was they didn't put the freezer door on right so it wasn't getting a good seal.   I fixed the door and then unplugged the fridge and left the freezer open to warm up.  A fair bit of water drained out of the back of the freezer and into the bottom.

I thought we were good at that point, but about a week later the fan was making noise again.  Not as bad though.  I noticed that cold air was mainly only coming out of a couple of the holes in the back of the freezer.  So I repeated the process I did above, but for longer.  I'm not sure I'm really getting the job done though and I was hoping to not have to turn it off for a day so I was hoping a couple manual defrost cycles would help.

#4 tarlach

tarlach

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:21 PM

To be clear after the last defrosting I did it was still mainly only blowing out of the right side holes.  Just a small amount of air on the left side.  Not sure if that's normal though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics