Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher Paykel GWL08 Washing machine Leaks water

leaky washing machine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 momfxit

momfxit

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted Today, 11:22 AM

Put a piece of cardboard underneath the FP this morning because it was leaking, not a lot, but leaking. It was enough to cause my husband to panic.

I took a flashlight and looked under the machine and saw water dripping in three places in the back. It's doing it leaks in wash mode.

I wasn't able to attach a picture file. you can see an "O" shape on the cardboard.

What could be causing this?

Thanks,

Mom

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Yuengling

Posted Today, 07:02 PM

Remove 2 screws on back of control panel and look under panel for water. Possible thermistor seal or water valve leak. Does it drain properly? do you hear water flowing into tub when draining? That could be something in the diverter valve that would make it drain slow and then in spin mode it would splash over the top of the tub due to water being pumped back into tub thru the recirculation hose at the 2 o'clock position on the top of the tub. Check drain pump for rust or signs of it being wet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics