Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung dryer dv365etbgwr runs forever

samsumg dryer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Joshua Scholar

Joshua Scholar

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Anchor Steam

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:24 PM

A customer a long drive away from me called with a samsung dryer

dv365etbgwr that he says works, the timer counts down but doesn't stop when it reaches zero.

So it's heating, tumbling, counting but not stopping.

My first guess is replacing the "power control board"

DC92-00322V (there being no part called "timer" and the other control being the display).  Not that I'm sure at all.  Does anyone have experience with this or with what to check?

Also, about the board, I notice that on appliance parts pros, that part number forwards me ie:

"Part Number DC92-00669R (AP5982969) replaces DC92-00322V."

But when I search that part, it's labeled "assy holder pcb".  I'm slightly worried that it might be just a holder not the board.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:46 AM

I would suggest calling 1-800-Samsung and work the phone tree until you get "I am a technician".  They can email you the mini-manual for the unit.

Certainly could be the board, but without knowing more about how this dryer works, I couldn't say.  Just be mindful of the difference between having it there if you need it and going out determined to put the board on.

What is the simplest, dumbest explanation? Because that's the most probable one. 

#3 philcheck

philcheck

Samanera

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:whirlpool

Posted Yesterday, 02:39 PM

Did you ever find the cause of the dryer running nonstop. We have one, exact model, and it's doing the same thing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics