Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Back to fixing the Kenmore Dryer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 paschal_old

paschal_old

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:14 AM

This is a model 1106394200
serial mm0801748

It heats. Problem is you would have to stay with it until the clothes are dry to hold the start button. This was not intermittent. It just simply quit working from one dryer load to the next. Weird! Help!!!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 paschal_old

paschal_old

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:15 AM

In other words Although it kick off it stops as soon as the start button is released. I think this will be an easy one for the wizards here. Course it is always on a weekend!

#3 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:25 AM

Probably either the motor relay ref # 15 or 36,  or the even heat control board, ref.# 6....however if you have been holding the start button you can probably be assured you burnt up the even heat control board if it was not the original problem...probably need to replace both now..pull the tech sheet from the console, it will show you the location of the motor relay and how to test it....
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#4 paschal_old

paschal_old

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:56 PM

Peg

It has about three minutes of run time holding the start button. Hopefully that was not enough to kill the board, but with my luck. What do you think?

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:03 PM

Do not know, test the motor relay, if it is good the board needs to be replaced, if it is bad replace the relay and see if the board is toast....the tech manual in the console will let you run diag to see what the problem might be, remove this and start testing...;)

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

#6 paschal_old

paschal_old

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:20 PM

Just so I understand clearly, once I take the console, assuming you mean where the controls are....top of the unit, there should be a booklet in there? And the booklet has the test procedure. I do have a VOM which I assume is all that is required, and I guess that you would remove the relays to perform the test?

This dryer did have a service under warranty a couple of years ago and the control board was replaced then. Ya know how repair guys like to collect stuff and that concerns me before I tear this thing apart. It will be a major event as I have to remove the Washing machine from the laudry room in order to even turn the dyer around.

Thanks for your patience

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:36 PM

The sheet will have diagnostics you can run, believe this dryer can be serviced from the front, just turn the breakers off when taking the console apart to get the tech sheet and test the relay with your meter...but the sheet will have diag you can run live..

#8 paschal_old

paschal_old

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:03 PM

Finishing degree requirements took priority over fixing the dryer, but getting back to the dryer now. I am attaching a poor copy of the tech sheets to comply with the file size. Although I have good ones, they are about 900k. It was unclear to me how to test the motor relay and the heat relay, which happen to be the same part number, with a meter. Hopefully you can shed some light on that. Under power, no power, unplugged, breaker off, etc and what pin to what pin to check for a fault, as well as what ohm scale to use. Or maybe volt scale. Not sure which we are looking for.

I just do not mess with power unless carefully instructed.

Attached Files

#9 paschal_old

paschal_old

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:06 AM

This is a model 1106394200
serial mm0801748

Had to take a couple weeks to get thru finals before diving back into this project. I was able to get the test instructions from the console. They only mentioned testing the motor and heat relay with a meter, and it appears as though there is not a specific beep test for either relay, which have the same part number.

The instruction sheet did not give specifics about what I am looking for.....volts or ohms, plugged in or not plugged in etc. Since I do not play with power without careful instruction, need to ask for help again. Attached a decent scan of the relays and the wiring diagram for them.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics