Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

No Brazing Required

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:49 AM

Anyone seen this or worked with 'em:

http://www.lokringusa.com/

It's supposed to be a new way of making hermetically sealed connections in metal tubing, no brazing required. Seems like an invention that's long overdue, especially after Nick's misadventure while replacing an evaporator in a refrigerator!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:36 PM

You would think they could make an epoxy that would do the job. Even if it was expensive, the time and labor saved would pay any material costs. Not to mention the occasional char-broiled technician. 

Nick, on day 5 of light duty.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#3 Mark Space

Mark Space

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:48 AM

Saw it in a plumbing supply the other day.  It crimps the copper tube and uses an o-ring inside the crimp to make the seal. 

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:36 PM

nick,what is considered "light duty" there-only previously undiagnosed calls so you won't have to carry parts around, or 12 instead of 15?
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:43 AM

All I'm doing is taking trucks to the auto center for servicing, and other little tasks. The only reason they have light duty is to avoid some heavy costs if you stay home and make it a "lost time accident". It's actually much cheaper to pay me for doing nothing, than to have me stay home on Workmans Comp. For once the system works in my favor.

Nick

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#6 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:18 PM

Dude, I actually have this product on my truck now and I am dying to use it, and by the way I have painted on my service truck in 3 inch letters ,FIXITNOW.COM on front and back and both sides:yikes:Am I addicted?

"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:51 PM

[user=4554]applianceman18007260692[/user] wrote:

and by the way I have painted on my service truck in 3 inch letters ,FIXITNOW.COM on front and back and both sides:yikes:

I just gotsta to feast my samurai squinties on that! Post a photo or two.

Am I addicted?

Not unless your office looks like this...

Posted Image

;)

#8 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:32 PM

dude as soon as i can get one of my buddys with an electric camera I will:yikes:
"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

#9 jehiatt

jehiatt

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:12 PM

Wonderful!
Where is the magazine rack? You can't stay there all day - someone else may want to visit this and need a Readers Digest.

J woody

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics