Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
gwalchmai

Whirlpool frontloading washer won't spin

5 posts in this topic

Hello. I'm a new guy with a problem.

I have a Whirlpool GHW9200LW Duet front loading washer, which has been great until yesterday (well over a year). It was in the middle of a normal wash cycle when the house lost power for a few minutes (not unusual). Now, the washer won't spin the drum. It emits a hum as though it's trying to spin, but nothing happens. Eventually a "02 F" display appears and the washer beeps slowly. The drum will freely rotate by hand. There is about 2 inches of water in the bottom of the drum which won't drain out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. ;)

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

F/02

[align=left]Long Drain[/align]

[align=left]If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes, the water valves are turned off and “F/02” is[/align]

[align=left]flashed.[/align]

[align=left]Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.[/align]

[align=left]NOTE: After 4 minutes the “Sud” error will be displayed, then 4 minutes later[/align]

[align=left]the F/02 error code will be displayed.[/align]

[align=left]Potential Causes[/align]

[align=left]• Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked[/align]

[align=left]• Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is[/align]

[align=left]running.[/align]

[align=left]• Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects[/align]

[align=left]• If the above does not correct the problem replace the pump[/align]

Thanks SARM (EGMoA). Tried those. Looks like a pump. As far as I can tell the pump's not coming on at all I'm a software guy, so pump replacement is above my pay grade. Know any good repair guys in the north Atlanta area?

btw, this is an excellent resource. I work at a consuling engineering firm and we've been interested in this type of online consulting. If we could find a way to wring the money out of it... ;)

[user=727]gwalchmai[/user] wrote:

... so pump replacement is above my pay grade.

Ok, but you'd be throwing money away. Replacing the pump on this washer is about a mug and half on the SUDS-o-meter.

Really easy? It's not that I'm without mechanical skills (I just detail stripped my 1911), but I've never taken that 200 pound beast apart.