Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire refer FGHB2844LF7-- SYCF followed by SYCE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted Today, 05:02 PM

Customer called shop with a complaint of non responsive and SYCF error code.

Went out on first call on this, found burnedspot on main board (pn 242115239).

Returned today, put in a new board and plugged it in.  Ice box fan and ice dispenser flap kept pulsing.  User interface did not respond to me.  Eventually the machine got bored and quit trying. 

Now it's non responsive and flashing an SY CE error.

The tech sheet lists this as "a communication error" with no other info.

The burn spot on the board seems to correspond with the ice box fan and the ice system. (It's all right up next to the J6 connector and the solder traces seem to trace back to that connection.

The ice maker thermistor is dangling in the ice box and has about  1/2" of bare wire.

I am thinking replacing the ice fan and the ice maker would need to happen, and maybe replacing the UI.  But it's not clear to me how I would diagnose the UI.

What is the simplest, dumbest explanation? Because that's the most probable one. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted Today, 05:58 PM

Ice maker needs to be replaced and the user interface. Your main board probably blew because of that sensor. I've had it happen a couple times. And it appears your new board is having communication issues with the old UI. Nothing to diagnose because the SYCE is telling what's wrong.
I found out the hard way about that sensor on a fridge. Went on one it was unresponsive. Ordered main board and it worked for a month, then went out again. Tech line said that sensor has 120v running it and it is what shorted the board. They also said when ordering the UI to order the touchpad because some of these new ones are not coming with the board/ touchpad assembly now. The touchpad may be just fine though so that's your call.

Edited by BryanS, Today, 05:59 PM.

#3 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted Today, 10:16 PM

Yeah I found out about the sensors getting 120 VAC the hard way. That stung.

My sense of this customer is that he's going to look at the price tag and walk away. He's pretty disenchanted with his Electrolux experience. 

I keep wondering when this company is going to run out of suckers to fleece. 

What is the simplest, dumbest explanation? Because that's the most probable one. 

#4 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted Today, 10:26 PM

True. I'm tired of their crap myself.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics