Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG WT1101C thermistor code (te) constantly

WT1101C te code thermistor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fredster

Fredster

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:36 AM

Hello and thanks for having me!

I am not an appliance repairman but an automobile mechanic.

I have this LG WT1101CW serial number 210KWSBBP950  with a constant thermistor (te) code when the machine is plugged in.

The machine was built in 2012 and just after the year warranty was up the te code started so I pulled the thermistor out of it and stuck it in the freezer with a DVOM attached to the leads. On min max record I pulled the thermistor from the freezer and watched until it went open at a certain range with the meter catching it.

Ordered a new thermistor and the washer worked fine for another year. Now the same code comes up so I pulled the thermistor but can't see any problem with it. I used the old (bad) thermistor and wired in a 56K ohm resistor that I could plug in and use the washer on cold only until another new thermistor came in.

Installed a new thermistor anyway (last week) and the washer will run about 5 minutes on a warm cycle until the code comes back and it shuts down. I now have 3 good thermistors that closely match in values and they match the resistance values in the service manual. Obviously the thermistor is not the problem. I have checked resistance and voltage at the board and everything looks fine.

I installed a new LG board (same part number) and this new one ran about 3 full wash cycles and does the same thing.

I'm stumped and could use some advice here. All of the grounds look fine as does the wiring harness for the thermistor and I've tested for shorts and opens and can't see any issues at either the thermistor, harness in the rear at the connector or the board connector itself.

I'm wondering if electrical noise could be causing this and how can I check for that? Labscope maybe or?

Not sure where to go but don't want to overthink this, I've spent some real time on this and am getting ready top toss this thing to the scrapman.

Bought it new 2/3/2013 so it's been in service 2 1/2 years only.

Thermistor number 6322FR2046G
Board number        EBR76262102

Thanks for the help, Fred

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:47 AM

Check the harness carefully, pull and tug on the wires for the termistor at all the wire tie points

#3 Fredster

Fredster

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:39 AM

Something is strange as soon as the power button is turned on the te code appears. I can't find any issues with the harness and voltages for the thermistor are fine when checked at the board. When the harness is disconnected from the board my resistance for the thermistor is within specs of the service manual even when tugging the harness.

I'm wondering if another circuit is causing an issues with both boards. I scoped the AC current to the board and at the wall socket and it looks clean.

Fred

#4 Fredster

Fredster

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:46 AM

Bought a new washer on Saturday. Same model and color.

Ran a few loads through it and then swapped the control panel and board from the old one (that wouldn't work) into the new one. It works perfectly.

Guess I have more digging to do. All of the thermistors I bought where not LG but an aftermarket brand. Wondering if that could cause the problem?

Regards, Fred

#5 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted Yesterday, 12:25 PM

Yes, aftermarket parts suck

#6 B4UTRUST

B4UTRUST

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale

Posted Today, 12:18 AM

Fred, I know you've said you checked the harness and ohmed it out and everything. But check the harness right at the plug for the thermistor, specifically at the rear where the wires go in and are crimped. Are they worn or working loose from that? I've seen that several times where loads will go off balance and put abnormal strain on wiring and cause it to have issues.

Beyond that without knowing more about the aftermarket parts used I can't guarantee those aren't the problem. You should be reading about 76.531k ohm at 86F.

Owner/Operator Flagship Appliance Repair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics