Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE dishwasher potscrubber 1200

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 archied

archied

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:11 AM

My disherwasher starts and finishes the prewash cyle normally. After the water draines and the next cycle starts I hear just humming when I should hear water sloshing around. I open the door and there is no water in the machine. I can reset the cycle and start a new one and it fails (will not let new water in). I can come back in 30 minutes and it will start a cycle and complete it but fail on the next.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Lurker_russotto_*

Lurker_russotto_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:49 AM

Double-check to see that the first cycle really is normal. You might find it's actually not filling all the way.

#3 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:35 AM

Your water valve receives voltage from the control panel thru the float switch (flood switch).  Make sure the float is down.  You you could have a fill valve going bad, float switch going bad or the float stuck in the up position or the control panel going bad, not giving power to the water valve.  You will have to see if you are getting voltage to the valve.  If so you probably have a valve that is sticking in the closed position and would need to be replaced.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#4 archied

archied

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:01 PM

Thanks, I opened the bottom plate (with the power off)and checked the float valve switch..OK, and the water inlet silenoid...OK. I ran the dishwasher and it failed to let water in on the 2nd cycle. I cut the power off and the Inlet silenoid checked open. I guess it opens after it heats up. I will order and new one and keep my fingers crossed.

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:14 PM

Let us know how this turns out, please..... ;)

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

#6 archied

archied

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:24 PM

I just replaced the inlet valve and the dishwasher went through a complete cycle. I counted 6 water in water out cycles. The only problem is the mounting bracket on valve that I bought is different from the one I replaced. Is it consider crude to just leave it laying on the floor underneath the dishwasher?

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:05 PM

Should not matter as long as it cannot move around letting the metal bracket come into contact with electrical wires as it will jump when it opens and closes.  Other than that, who will know since the toe panel will cover it from others seeing it.

#8 lcpadua

lcpadua

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:06 PM

I have a 20 year old GE Potscrubber 1200. There is no water coming from the upper sprayer arm. (I took off the arm, jammed a paper towel lightly in the hole, and ran for several minutes; paper towel was still there.) Plenty of water from the lower arm and side of the dishwasher. I haven't pulled machine from the cabinet, but wonder could that hose alone be clogged, or is there a separate pump which has gone south?

TIA

#9 lcpadua

lcpadua

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:27 PM

1000 apologies for previous newbie post w/o model number. Model number on said appliance, with no water from the upper sprayer arm, is GSD1200T-01.

Thanks.

#10 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:56 PM

[user=735]archied[/user] wrote:

I just replaced the inlet valve and the dishwasher went through a complete cycle. I counted 6 water in water out cycles. The only problem is the mounting bracket on valve that I bought is different from the one I replaced. Is it consider crude to just leave it laying on the floor underneath the dishwasher?

Sorry but it is most crude.  Next time switch the new valve body onto the old valve mounting bracket.  It even makes the plumbing part easier that way too.  Everything stays lined up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics