Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Heater Shuts Off- filter new

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NoDummy

NoDummy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:07 PM

I have a five yr old Lennox Gas Heater. It has been shutting itself off intermittently. The burner will ignite and heat up. Then when the blower starts, it will run approx 30 seconds or so, and then stop. Some time later everything will work properly - the heater will kick on and run fine.

The filter is brand new and changed often ( monthly ). I am wondering what I should check. Is it some sort of safety switch or what?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 NoDummy

NoDummy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:24 PM

I see I have already commited Hari-kari, please forgive me. The model number is:
Lennox # G24M375

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:19 AM

what is shutting off exactly- the therm calls for heat,the flue fan starts,the burner ignites,and once the plenum is heated,the blower starts- then what?  does the blower shut off,does the burner go out, does the flue fan stop.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 NoDummy

NoDummy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:16 AM

The blower shuts off and I assumed the the burner and everything else did too. I will try to examine it further. Since it is intermittant, I haven't hung out by it and given it a visual. I will do that and report back.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics