Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
kpolacek

Kenmore won't agitate, spin

4 posts in this topic

This 8-year-old Kenmore two-speed speed control washer will not agitate or, when I move the agitator, works extremely slow in all settings. It also does not spin in any cycle. I can hear the motor and drive operating and have had a look underneath. I assume this is a direct-drive type of setup since I can see no belts. Is this a clutch problem or is there something else going/gone bad?  

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Most likely problem is a broken or stripped drive coupling. I believe our host has a link to describe this repair job.

Nick

Thanks Nick. Just wanted to be sure before I go ripping things apart.

Hello, my two-speed friend.  Yes, indeed our most glorious and all-venerable host has an enlightening link on this very topic.  Would you like to see it?  I'm sorry, you'll need to speak up; my hearing has been dulled by gunfire while serving with the Mujahideen fighting the Soviet infidel.  Did you say you would like to see it?  Very well, it is here